We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel bali

mid glamorgan
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotel bali

Can anyone tell me if there are hair dryes in the room and if you can hire towells for the pool. also which rooms get the afternoon sun and is it best to stay in the main hotel or the annex. we are going to the bali end of april If someone has a room number would be grateful

Northampton
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel bali

Hi Trica,

My husband and I stayed at the Bali last September 06.The hotel was clean and basic, the entertainment was OK and the bar quite relaxing as the staff are friendly and welcoming.

The restaurant is also clean and the food is basic but plenty of it.

We stayed in the main hotel and our room was south west facing so we had little sun in the afternoon as the annex blocked the light.

There are hairdryers in the bathroom which are very clean and the linen is changed daily. I do not know if you can hire towells as we did spend each day on the beach.

The one thing I would warn you about are the Time Share Louts at the bottom of the hill, they are VERY RUDE so ignore them and say NO THANK YOU.

I was harassed by one of them and there language was NOT pleasant.

I can not remember our room number, at the end of the day it was a place to put our heads down as we did spend most of the day on the beach and in the square, PLAZA DE OLE.

The square has a few selected bars next to the Hotel Triton.

After our first visit to the square we did find bar L`EXPERIENCE which is run by Linda and Pascal, Linda does the cooking which is very good, Pascal runs the bar and has a good range of cocktails to offer, he will mix a cocktail that you have tried before or make up a cocktail that you have requested that is not listed in his bar. They are very nice people and very welcoming and we will be returning this year to spend our lunch times and evenings with them.

Hope you have a Great time in Benalmadena.

Sunshinelass x.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza de Ole
Plaza de Ole
180 Reviews
Benalmadena, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel bali

Normally beach towels are not provided by any of the hotels, and they ask you not to take the bath towels out of your room. However, there are so may tourist shops with 100 yards of you selling cheap towels you will be better off buying one or two,especially as baggage allowances are stricter now.

Wiltshire
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel bali

Have just come back from the Bali. No hairdryer in OUR room, 1304 (3rd floor) but we did get afternoon sun on our balcony. Only really room for one to actually sunbathe though. NO beach towels available, but the last advice was good, buy cheap towels when you get there.

Both my husband and myself got mild food poisoning from this holiday (and only ate at hotel) which kind of spoils the memory a bit, but the hotel IS basic, lifts not really adequate for the number of rooms and floors. However it is clean, clean towels provided when you require them (daily if you wish) and bedding changed once during the week.

The weather too was not very good (two days of rain when the UK was getting lots of sun!) but can't blame this on the Bali!

(Please note that what looks like Astroturf round the pool in the brochure is actually concrete painted green!) But there are two other pools with better surroundings.

All in all would not go here again although others go year after year - there's no accounting for taste!

4. Re: hotel bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:48
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations