We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
safety

hi - never traveled to benalmadena before.

hypothetically - if i get really really drunk and decide to walk home at 4am - will that be OK? is it the type of town where you can get robbed?

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: safety

I should also have said

try,no matter how drunk you get,not to bring yourself to the notice of the local police.If you do & give them some drunken backchat you could have a worse problem than getting robbed.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: safety

thanks - I'm a polite drunk. no back chat.

canyou recomned any places for a nice pint?

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
171 reviews
3. Re: safety

A bit more expensive than the rest of the resort but in around the marina there are some good bars.If you go to Benalmadena pueblo try to find Bar Real,it's irish owned but doesn't push itself as an irish bar,if you know what i mean.Nice relaxed atmosphere,good pints,a bit of banter & also does food.

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
4. Re: safety

Hello DB,

We travel to Benalmadena several times a year and until now have never experienced a problem. Three weeks ago, whilst sitting in the gardens of the Hotel Triton, I was robbed of my mobile phone and credit cards, apparently this was not an isolated incident and several other people from the same hotel have had similar experiences in the last few weeks.

Just take sensible precautions, don't fall asleep in public, don't carry more money than you need for the evening and don't draw attention to yourself. Leave your passport and other valuables in your room safe. Hopefully you will be fine.

Benalmadena is a good, family orientated resort, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: safety

Hi!

I've spent two holidays in Benalmadena and felt entirely safe at night.

Avoid 24 Hour Square (near Marina) after midnight in high summer - it's full of ignorant, drunk Brits and can be trouble!

Where are you staying?

Hotel Las Arenas has a very nice cocktail bar.

Busby's Bar on the main strip, has entertainment every night and, although the drinks are not cheap, offers a great evening. Don't miss the drag act twice a week - v. funny.

Hampshire, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: safety

Hi,

You were aking about nice bars in Benalmadena - I can thoroughly reccomend Buddys in Plaza Ole.

Buddys is owned by Malcom and Jackie - an English couple who will make you feel very welcome.

Plaza Ole is just behind Barclays Bank, which is on the main Benalmadena Road, just at the side of the Hotel Triton.

It's a lovely typically Spanish square, with a few bars and restaurants, a fountain and is popular with both tourists and Spanish locals.

The bar is usually open from about 7pm onwards to the early hours - pay them a visit you won't be disapointed. No TV with football matches on - plenty of other bars to provide that sort of thing - just a nice relaxed atmosphere and quiet music.

PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
7. Re: safety

Totally agree with Barbie about Buddy's bar, it our favourite evening venue.

8. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 19:48
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena