We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Friday

Perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Friday

OK I leave Friday morning on garuda , has anyone traveled on them before?

We should get there mid afternoon, after we check into our accommodation what shops for food/drinks are the best? Do you think it will be OK to bring some foods from home, like chips, lollies and other snacks?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,379 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Friday

You don't need to bring anything from home...you will find all you want and need in Bali. There's little convenience stores all over, plus larger supermarkets to stock up your fridge with whatever your requirements may be.

Yes. I've travelled with Gardua and they have always been great to fly with.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Friday

Garuda have actually lifted their game and are really good to fly with now days. I have been told their in flight service is good and well presented, along with free in flight drinks.

As far as food is concerned there is plenty of Mini Marts in Bali and you would be hard pressed not to find what you need, at much less the price of Australia

Have Fun and enjoy your trip

Edited: 11 May 2010, 17:55
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,960 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Friday

i have flown with garuda and had good trips.

as for taking snacks and food etc from home you can take them into bali. we always take a few favourites that we know we can't buy over there but we also do a shop for things to keep in our room.

take some duty free as imported alcohol is expensive in bali. you can buy cheap mixers there.

remember to declare ANY food you take into bali. sometimes they check it and 99% of the time everything gets through without any worries.

Perth
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Friday

thanks.

I'll probably be taking some snacks, what type of food do they serve on garuda, is it Indonesian?

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Friday

Out of Perth it should be mostly Western Flavour ,on the way Back it is usually something like Chicken or Beef with rice.. I would be surprised if you were not happy with GARUDA .They will serve peanuts etc with drinks but if you need too take some chips or something.

Have fun

6. Re: Bali Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 10:47