We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

Ponca City, OK
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

Seeing Brian Wilson at the NOIKIA Theatre 10/25. I'm pretty particular about hotels, and will drive an extra couple miles if necessary for really nice accomodations. Online reviews seem to favor the Hilton/Arlington. Any pros/cons or other suggestions? Any Bed & Breakfasts? Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

There's a bed and breakfast in downtown Dallas called Amelia's that's pretty interesting.

The Arlington area is generally your standard hotel chains mostly servicing the attractions there: the Ballpark (Rangers), Six Flags, Wet N'Wild (summer), Ripley's Believe It or Not, and lots of chain restaurants like Pappadeaux's, On the Border, etc.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

The Wyndham at the Ballpark in Arlington is a good hotel and it is generally close to what you will be doing.

NE Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

Try the Hyatt's at the airport..they are very nice and very easy access to Nokia.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

TxNurse - this thread is 2 years old!!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

It might be two years old but peole still look at these for ideas! :)

Monterrey, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

(This is true.......its April/2007 and I'm reading up on Grand Praire hotels/attractions for my trip......keep the threads coming!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

We just came from Grand Prairie for a long weekend. We went there to see Harry Connick, Jr. at the Nokia Theater. I cannot say enough great things about the Holiday Inn Express on Carrier Parkway. I HIGHLY recommend it. We paid $98 a night and it's about 6-8 miles south of the theater (this is better because there is nothing to do right near the theater). It's ranked #1 out of 15 Grand Prairie hotels. So clean and so comfortable!

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

Colinger - as stated two years ago, LOL, the Windham at the Ball Park or the Hilton (just across I30 from the Windham) are very nice with a lot of restaurants around them.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nokia Theatre...looking for nice hotel in Grand...

As stated in another comment, Holiday Inn Express is very nice and only about a year old. For an inexpensive hotel near Nokia, Motel 6 and Super 8. You know what to expect for that rate. But they are very close to Nokia. A few more miles away, Amerisuites, Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites on Hwy 360, just off of Interstate 30 are all three nice, reasonably priced hotels. For tourist information on Grand Prairie and the entire D/FW area, stop at the Tourist Information Center on Beltline Road, just a block away from Nokia Theatre. Visit www.gptexas.com for more Grand Prairie hotel information and downloadable hotel discount coupons.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Prairie