We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Granbury, Texas...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Hi we are taking a trip to galveston and i was wondering what are some things for a young couple 24&27 No kids. and None in the future i dont want to do anything with heights or scary things.

I been to Galveston when i was younger with my parents and brothers but i barely remember. I love Dolphins and he Loves Fishing.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Schlitterbahn is always fun.

Ride the ferry across to Bolivar Peninsula, we usually see dolphins while crossing the bay.

Take a ghost tour along the Strand in the evenings.

Tour Bishop's Palace and Moody Mansion Museum. Ashton Villa, I believe, is still closed.

Granbury, Texas...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Thanks!! i will look into those :)

Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

They have carriage rides through the city and Moody Gardens is fun.

Orange
Level Contributor
69 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

You could hire a guide for a morning fishing trip.

Walk the strand one evening and explore the shops. Hit up Olympia Grill at the pier that evening for a drink on the deck and take in the sunset.

There are party boats if your into that and several bars along the seawall.

Moody Gardens may interest you

Take in a nice breakfast at Mosquito Cafe or Sunflower Bakery

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
149 reviews
5. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

The Pleasure Pier is supposed to be ready in early summer. Amusement rides, restaurants. Basically it's Kemah Boardwalk in Galveston...same owners

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
58 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Moody Gardens, Dinner boat at Moody Gardens, Kemah (further away but fun), walk on the Sea Wall, the Strand, Seawolf Park.

Wichita Falls
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Dolphin Tours was fun! We went last year and so was the carriage ride downtown.

richardson
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

Definitely take the Ferry and go up on the deck (not scary for this acrophobic.) You will see more dolphins in cooler weather.

Not been there since Ike, but Shrimp 'n Stuff is where locals go for seafood and my family's favorite. Fancier places are on the seawall and along the Strand. Ignore the chain places that have invaded and find a real crab shack if you want fresh seafood.

Just roam around the beautiful old Victorian neighborhoods and check out the big oak trees killed by Ike that have been carved into statues. i think the visitor center has maps of them.(Get coupons and info for all sorts of things there.)

Tour some of the mansion on Broadway like the Bishop's palace, the Moody Mansion and Ashton Villa.

Spend Sunrise and Sunset on the beach and tour the sites in the heat of the day.

9. Re: Things to do for a Young Newlywed Couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:48
Get answers to your questions about Galveston
Recent Conversations