We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galveston in Jan

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
Galveston in Jan

Is Galveston too cold to visit during Jan? WIll be bringing my dog for him to swim.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galveston in Jan

Our weather here is really hit and miss, as far as temps go. I would think the water would be too cold for a swim. As for visiting Galveston in January, it should be fine, everything is open, just bring a jacket.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galveston in Jan

It could be 70 degrees or it could be 30. It's hard to book travel in the South at winter time. I see you live in Houston area so you know the drill. Galveston is a very fun getaway. Does it have to be in Jan?????

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,970 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galveston in Jan

The water is cold in January. I wouldn't want to be in it; not sure about your dog.

4. Re: Galveston in Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 15:53