We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galveston Beaches in November?

Amarillo, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Galveston Beaches in November?

my friend and i are planning a trip to galveston in the middle of November. Wondering if the beaches will be open, whats the weather like, good seafood places to eat, etc.? Open to many suggestions.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galveston Beaches in November?

Beaches are "open" year round. Water will have cooled off and weather is a crap shoot. It's always quieter in the fall and winter, but there's plenty of restaurants and things to see open.

If you can make it the first weekend in December there's a nice event called Dickens on the Strand www.galvestonhistory.org/Dickens_Overview.asp

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galveston Beaches in November?

Galveston activities are open year round...and as hot as it's been, the water will probably be plenty warm to swim in come November. Nevertheless, check the weather before packing....we are all hoping for a cool down before then.

Try The Gumbo Bar and Gaidos for seafood. Avoid FishTails.

Galveston, Txq
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galveston Beaches in November?

Best shell hunting is when the water cools off & I find a lot of shells on the "West End of the Island". I would bring a light sweater or wind-breaker. The rainforest & aquarium at Moody Gardens are weather-proof. Also, there is shopping in downtown (near & on the Strand). For seafood, some of the locals go to Shrimp & Stuff on 39th street. Might also try Casey's (next to Gaido's) ----- food a little less fancy, but still good none the less & prices are a bit better. Enjoy yourself.

4. Re: Galveston Beaches in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 08:46
Get answers to your questions about Galveston