We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Carts?

Plymouth, MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Golf Carts?

We have never been to the gulf, reading up on golf carts. Do people use them to go to and from the beach? I read a rule they cannot be used on the road... but I'm also reading people do use them on the road. This would make a big difference to us as we'd like to spend most of our time reading/relaxing on the beach, but want to be close enough to run back to the rental. Advice is appreciated, thank you!

1 reply
Plymouth, MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Golf Carts?

I was able to find info, answering my own question, for others:

Rules for the operation of a Golf Cart

A golf cart is a motor vehicle. All rules that apply to a car or truck also apply to golf carts, including traffic laws. All rules apply on the beach also.

You must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart.

You may only operate a golf cart on a roadway (including ditches) that has a speed limit of not more than 35 mph. YOU CANNOT OPERATE ON A HIGHWAY. You may cross the highway at a traffic control device but only go straight across.

You can only operate a golf cart between sunrise and sunset.

You must have a Slow Moving Vehicle Triangle on the rear of the golf cart.

Neither the driver nor passenger of a golf cart may have an open container of alcohol, even if it is not moving.

If an unlicensed driver is operating a golf cart, the parent or person in charge of the cart may be charged with “allowing an unlicensed driver to operate a motor vehicle".

A golf cart must have a Bolivar Beach Parking Sticker to park on the beach.

If the golf cart is equipped with safety belts, they must be worn.

Reply to: Golf Carts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach
More Crystal Beach Topics