We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area of Bolivar Peninsula is considered "The Zoo"?

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
What area of Bolivar Peninsula is considered "The Zoo"?

I would like to take my grandchildren to Bolivar Peninsula/Crystal Beach for spring break 2016. However, they are small children, so I want to rent a house in a quiet family friendly area, not a party area of the beach. Any advice?

2 replies to this topic
Rusk, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
1. Re: What area of Bolivar Peninsula is considered "The Zoo"?

The middle of Crystal Beach from, oh, Stingaree Drive to Monkhouse Drive is the busiest and wildest. (Of course wild is relative and it's only really "wild" during major holidays and things). The further you get from the middle the fewer people there are as a rule of thumb (nothing is guaranteed). The beach is nicer towards the middle and the west end. It is quieter (relative & depending on time and date) towards the east or west ends (Caplen or the Boyt Road area). It will probably be pretty busy during Spring Break (& prices are probably higher). If you could go at an earlier or later date that would probably be good. However, Crystal Beach isn't Pensacola Florida so it isn't that kind of wild. More of a "redneck" wild. If you do decide to go on Spring Break, you will probably be ok if you rent in the Boyt Road or Caplen area or even to the East of Rollover pass.

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: What area of Bolivar Peninsula is considered "The Zoo"?

Thanks so much. This is exactly what I needed.

Reply to: What area of Bolivar Peninsula is considered "The Zoo"?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crystal Beach
More Crystal Beach Topics