We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming at Canyon Lake?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming at Canyon Lake?

My husband and I relocated from Virginia Beach to San Antonio and are craving some beach time without the drive. Can anyone share which of the parks around Canyon Lake have good access to the water......and if any actually have a sandy beach, even better!

Thanks for any input you have.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

I don't know if this would interest you at all, but since you haven't gotten any responses, you might check out going to New Braunfels - you can go tubing on the river, and the Schlitterbahn is a lot of fun with one of the world's largest wave pools, and I believe they have a sandy beach if I remember correctly. Just in case you can't find a natural beach and lake that you like.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

Thanks Volcanogirl-we have done tubing and really enjoyed it. We are still on the hunt for a relaxing place to read, get some sun, picnic and take the occassional dip. Will keep our fingers crossed for more input. I appreciate yours!

Alison

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

Good luck; I hope someone chimes in for you!

Canyon Lake
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

Comal Park or Canyon Park.

…army.mil/canyon/…Corpsparks.asp

wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

There is a beach that we noticed off the road on the way to the marina.

(Across from Silver Leaf Resort) There was a beach and many people had sand umbrellas. It looked like a good spot. Hope this helps.

6. Re: Swimming at Canyon Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 10:46