We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
110 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Hi. Looking for recommendations for restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,280 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Old Mill Pottery cafe is good.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

There are so many good places! We love Old Mill Pottery House Cafe' for lunch, it's across from the Old Mill. We also like Bennetts, Calhouns and The Peddler for dinner. The Peddler is in Gatlinburg and has a great salad bar and wonderful food. It is the most expensive of the ones I've listed, but worth it to us. Ask for a seat in the river room. We don't eat a lot of breakfasts, but I know the Applebarn is good for breakfast and lunch. We go to the original farmhouse restaurant. If you like ice cream, try the creamery at the applehouse shopping area. It is yummy! Enjoy!

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Bullfish Grill

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Bennett's BBQ

Bullfish Grill

McAllister's Deli

Old Mill

Firehouse Subs

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
295 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Breakfast at the Apple Barn. This year we tried the Log Cabin Pancake House and loved it.

For lunch we like driving out to the Bush's Cafe at their visitors center and Bellacino's in Sevierville.

Dinner - Old Mill (their turkey and dressing entree is so good!), Smoky Mountain Brewery (great pizza!), the Alamo, and The Peddler in Gatlinburg (pricey but really good). We also enjoyed the Partridge and Pear restaurant.

For dessert go to the Marble Slab Creamery. It's like Cold Stone but better. There are 2 locations down there that I know of, but we prefer the one at 3676 N Parkway. It's nestled between a Burger King and a Baskin Robbins.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

stay away from bennett', the food is nasty and over priced!!!!!

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Click on my icon then click "Reviews" for my choices.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
110 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Thanks everyone for the great restaurant recommendations! We didn't have a bad meal thanks to your input.

We ended up eating at:

Calhoun's

Smokey Mountain Brewery

The Old Mill Cafe & Grille

The Old Mill

Carver's Applehouse in Cosby

Calhoun's: Located on the right as your pull into Gatlinburg coming from the direction of the Smokey Mtn Park. There is a parking lot that you can pull into right by the restaurant and the parking fee ($7) is waived if you show your restaurant receipt upon exit. The atmosphere and service was excellent. Most of us ordered a "combo" dinner which consisted of ribs, pork bbq and chicken fingers. I have to say that I almost didn't get it because of not wanting chicken fingers, but these tasted homemade and were the best of the 3. The ribs were just ok, but the sides that go with dinner were outstanding;especially the creamed spinach. I would definitely go back here. Bill was reasonable.

Smokey Mountain Brewery: This is also located in the same area as Calhoun's and the same parking deal applies. This is your typical pub atmosphere and the food was great. The draft beer was I think my favorite ever! Move over Miller! I didn't have pizza, but those who did raved about it. I had a burger which was really good as well. Again, would definitely go back. Bill was reasonable.

With all the reviews talking about both Old Mills, I must admit I was a bit confused as to which to pick. That's why we tried both. One nice aspect about this restaurant area is that there are some cool shops to pass the time while waiting for table to be called.

The Old Mill Cafe & Grille had a shorter wait and has a great casual/homey atmosphere. The food was good. The burger here was a favorite. Mostly, I think I liked the feel of the place. Again, would go back and the bill was reasonable for this type of establishment.

The Old Mill was an experience, starting with the 90 min wait. They have it down to a science as that's what they said it would be and that's exactly what the wait was. With that kind of wait, we are talking about standing room only. The food is how described in other reviews. Home cooking of comfort foods. The meal comes with soup, salad and dessert. The service was fantastic! In fact, too fantastic. I think we once we were seated, we were out of there in 45 minutes. They serve the soup and salad at the same time; need I say more??? This took away from the experience for me. In fact, I find it hard to describe the decor/atmosphere inside as it's such a blur. They even have you pay on your way out which minimizes your table time. I got up to use the restroom and told my family what to select for desert, by the time I returned (minutes later) the desert was already on the table. I'd like to try this place again, but when it's not quite as busy.

Carver's is cool. On the way home and a great stop before 40. Atmosphere is not fancy, but pretty looking out to the mountains and a small apple orchard. Food was very good. Prices reasonable. Definitely would go back.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 06:26
Chester, Virginia
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

Personally I really enjoyed the Bennett's BBQ in Pigeon Forge, the food tasted great and we had good service. We also went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg which was good.

Fayetteville, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please

I am not sure why no one mentions the Greenbrier restaurant. It's sooooo nice and the view looking out the one time hunting lodge is awesome. The whole wall is glass overlooking the hills and town below. It's lovely at night and during the day. It's a little secret I guess but worth it. Price is like Red Lobster but atmosphere and experience is much finer. It was the first hunting lodge in Gatlinburg open only to men.

Edited: 05 March 2013, 06:11
Reply to: Restaurant Recommendations Needed Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge