We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report June 4-8

bowling...
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report June 4-8

We decided to take a little trip for our 25th anniversary. We arrived Saturday afternoon and decided to stop at the Apple Barn for lunch. It was great as always.We have always had great food there.

From there we went to check in. We had decided to give Timber Tops a try. Great choice!! They were very honest and helpful when we were looking at cabins.The staff were very pleasant and the check in was great. We drove to the cabin.It was great on the outside.We walked inside and both had big smiles.It was fabulous! The view was awesome and the cabin was first class.

We drove into Pigeon Forge and had an old time photo made.My wife got a kick out of it because she got to hold a gun on me.The photo's were great.

We drove up to Roaring Fork and got to see a Mama bear and her three cubs. We watched her for a while but when people gathered she put the cubs up a tree.She was feeding ,minding her own when people got closer and closer. She bluff charged because they got way TOO close. At least they got the message and left her alone.

We ate breakfast at Log cabin Pancake house in Gatlinburg.It was good as always. From there we went to the camera shop next door. I needed a strap for my video camera.The man in the shop was extremely nice. He put it on and made sure I liked it before i bought it. From there we walked downtown and did a little shopping. We went to Cades Cove for the evening.We got to see a ton of wildlife including turkeys,deer,and more bears! Just my opinion-If you have no patience and can't take the time to enjoy the cove please don't go. There is nothing like a bunch of horn honkers to ruin the peace of the mountains( I wasn't the one blocking traffic . I was at a pull off and saw this).We drove up to Ober Gatlinburg.We went to the wildlife exhibit and then rode the Tram downtown. We had not done that in years. It was a blast.

We took a hike to Hen Wallow Falls.It was a very nice hike. Long enough to know you have hiked but not difficult.The falls were nice.Not Ramsey Cascades but very nice.We had a picnic lunch and headed back down.We gabbed a pizza from Mellow Mushroom and headed back to the cabin.

For our anniversary we took a helicopter tour with Scenic Helicopter Tours. We went on the "Grand Tour". It was amazing.The views are breathtaking .Our pilot (Isaiah) was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Our last day we went shopping for a wood carved bear.We found a perfect bear and headed back home. A great trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Roaring Fork
Roaring Fork
1,276 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Log Cabin Pancake House
Log Cabin Pancake House
2,947 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,471 Reviews
Ramsey Cascades
Ramsey Cascades
149 Reviews
Mellow Mushroom
Mellow Mushroom
3,294 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Scenic helicopter tours
Scenic helicopter tours
1,443 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report June 4-8

Glad you enjoyed your trip and got to see some bears. May you have 25 more years together.

2. Re: Trip Report June 4-8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:47
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge