We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Mountain Vacations

Lexington, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Mountain Vacations

Problems?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Are you asking if there are problems with them or did you have a problem with them?

In the green search box above put in Majestic Mountain Vacations and it should bring up some recent topics on them,if you looking for feedback on them. I havent never stayed with them before but I dont think ive heard any horror stories regarding them.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Has anyone had a bad experience renting from them?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I hesitate to give this company bad marks, because it's been 4 years since we stayed with them. But on our stay with them, they sent us to the wrong cabin two times. This really messed us up because after leaving the rental office the first time, we bought groceries, and hadn't prepared to keep them in the car for an extended period. They apologized, making excuses of temporary help.

The only thing I can recall that was wrong with the cabin is that we had a very small leak from the shower. Also the windows would not open, and we really wanted the fresh, cool, fall air at night when we slept.

This was not a horrible ordeal, but in preparing for a trip awhile later, I called them to try and locate a cabin near the Wears Valley entrance to the National Park. They then told me that "there is no entrance in Wears Valley".

I asked to speak to someone else in the office that was more familiar with the area, and was told,"There are three of us in here and we have lived here all of our lives".

I was stunned to say the least.

Now every time my wife and I travel up Lyon Springs Road into the national park, we say, "This road doesn't exist".

So, really all I can say is that when we stayed with them, and when we tried again to stay with them, they had some really ill informed employees who do not have a map, or who never bother to look at a map.

Whenever I consider staying with them again, the price of the cabins runs me off. Not to say that they are outrageous, but I have always been able to get more for my money.

They have some nice cabins, both in resorts and isolated, so I don't want to totally discourage you, but my hope is that they have hired some competent help in the office, and that they are now serving folks adequately.

4. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 19:07
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Do not rent from this place. The cabins are dirty and misrepresented. We reserved for a week and left right after we checked in. The hot tub was broken with algea growing in it, linens were dirty, furniture was stained and torn, fireplace broken, the whole place was gross. We rented elsewere last minute and are disputing payment.

Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

do you know the name of the cabin you stayed in? My friends in I are planning a trip staying at Picture Perfect cabin. i'd like to know what i'm getting into before I drive up there....

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

I own one of the 2br cabins at The Preserve Resort and have been entertaining getting a different rental company but don't want to shoot myself in the foot. I have also thought about VRBO but just don't want to mess myself up because it rents okay through The Preserve/Majestic Mountain Vacations but I sure don't want to get a bad reputation with dirty cabins...I try and go up at last minute just to check things out and haven't been totaly offended...seems like they do a decent job keeping things clean...I try to keep the furniture and all updated and clean. Would love to hear any suggestions on other rental companies in that area.

Thanks!

Sarnia, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

Do not rent the cabin "When Nature Calls". It is filfthy and not "newly built" as the advertisement states. The play station and karaoke machine do not work. There are raccoon feces around the hot tub. The hot tub jets don't work properly. There is a huge vomit stain on one of the bedroom floors. There are also various carpet stains throughout the cabin. One of the bed's main supporting posts is cracked in half. The living room furniture is garbage - the couch sinks to the floor when you sit on it. Worst of all there may be a squatter living there in between renters. We received a phone call while there from a strange man who wanted to know when we were leaving. The views are beautiful but this cabin wasn't worth the 10 hour drive. I've written Majestic Mountain Vacations and will see if they respond. I find it strange that in their contract they state that you can't check in until after 3 pm because they are inspecting and cleaning your cabin. Well if this is true then their cleaner and inspector must be visually impaired. My husband and I left early because we couldn't take it anymore. The level of cleanliness and quality has sunk to an all time low for this company.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

We stayed with them in high spirits 2 years ago and had a great time. No problems at all. The pics were accurate except i think they were taken with a wide angle lens and everything looked bigger than it really was but certinly was not a deal breaker forus. Our cabin was very clean, i know it was rented the week before we arrived. I would stay with them again.

Columbia, South...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Mountain Vacations

We are here NOW and have moved cabins 3 times. I am sitting in a hotel with 3 young children at this very moment trying to get some amount of refund. Each cabin is horrible! Completely filthy, smell horrible due to water damamge (2 of the 3 cabins) and the final straw was one with NO LOCKS! Seriously? No locks?! OH and I have pictures that I will post every place I can find to prevent others from renting from these people!

I am beyond irritated that they won't refund any of my money. I have been more than patient with every cabin move and now that I am in a hotel they say the problems are the cabin owner's problems and not theirs!

DO NOT STAY with these people!!!!!!! If you do after reading all of the above and this post, you deserve what you get.