We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

I was wondering how easy it is for someone with a walker to travel through Dollywood. Are there many hills to go up or is it pretty flat? My parents would love to see the shows but my dad have difficulty navigating on hills with his walker.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

The whole property is on a big hill, steeper in some places than others, but usually at some sort of incline. Can't imagine touring it in a walker, but I've been conferred before.

Edited: 03 July 2010, 19:52
Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
274 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

They do have electric scooters for rent there. I think they are $35 for the day. I hurt my knee one time and couldn't get around very well. I rented a scooter and had no trouble getting anywhere in the park I needed to go. There are one or two hills they don't recommend using the scooter on, but there are other ways to get around those places.

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
274 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

They do have electric scooters for rent there. I think they are $35 for the day. I hurt my knee one time and couldn't get around very well. I rented a scooter and had no trouble getting anywhere in the park I needed to go. There are one or two hills they don't recommend using the scooter on, but there are other ways to get around those places.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

$35 on top of the $55 admission?? I don't see how $90 adds up to a worthwhile day, especially if you can't ride the rides.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

If it is just the shows they want to see, you are in pretty good luck. She-kon-o-hey is at Celebrity Theatre, which I belive is the 2nd building on the left after you enter. There might be an incline to the entrance, but not a big one. The Kingdom Heirs and DreamLand Drive-In are both held over in Juke Box Junction at The Pines Theatre, which is level to get to as well. I think these are the 3 best shows. You need to check the show schedule before you come because not every show is available every day. The James Rodgers Show is up craftsman valley a distance, and this would be a long incline. It seems like the Back Porch Theatre with the Smoky Mountain String Band is in the general area too...not much of an incline, but I can't remember for sure. Oh, they sometimes perform at the Valley Theatre & the Show Street Gazebo. Show Street Gazebo is close, but I think Valley theatre is up craftsman's valley with the incline. the Gem Tones do their little show near Cas Walker's store and Red's Diner, both in Juke Box Junction area. Also as a side note, if you order your tickets on-line, everybody in the party gets a free meal at one of 4 places, including Aunt Granny which has an all you can eat country buffet, complete with salads and desserts. The meal must be eaten after 3 pm though, so think of it as a very late lunch or have it as your supper!

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

Your Dad could try getting around with the walker, and if it bothers him, you can get one of the scooters or they also have the push wheelchairs too. The map that you get when you enter Dollywood shows which area is not for the scooters, so I would not do the wheel chairs or the walker either. The shows at Dollywood are really great, even without any rides, I believe you get your money's worth, You can ride some of the "tamer" rides if you wanted. Remember if you enter Dollywood after 3pm, the next day is free. That way you don't have to over-tire anyone trying to rush around.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

This guide will explain which exhibits and rides are handicap accessible.

dollywood.com/dollywood-q10042-c10013-Disabi…

Wheelchairs are just $8, so you may consider renting one so your dad has more mobility. The ECVs cost $17 after 3:00 PM until the park closes, but $33 for a full day rental.

Lisa

8. Re: How handicapped accesible is Dollywood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 11:46