We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?

New York
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

Hi, I posted a previous question about cabins, now I think we're leaning away from the cabins-I know the Dollywood hotel gives perks for her park, and the Margarettaville Island resort has the convenience of being on the island where the shops are. If you had to choose between the two which would you pick? Stay at Dollywood and drive over to the Island, or stay on the island and go over to Dollywood?

Thank you!!

6 replies to this topic
somewhere, usa
Level Contributor
527 posts
13 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

I guess it depends on if you prefer a more quiet area or more action area. The island hotel is literally smack dab in the action. There are rooms over the shops. You have a choice of river view, shop views, and fountain views. You would have access to shops, restaurants, activities on site and in walking distance of the island area.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
35 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

Parking at Dollywood is at least $20.00. Parking at The Island is free.

Dolly's Dreammore is somewhat isolated but only about a 5 minute drive to the Old Mill area and no more than 10 minutes to the Island.

The Island/Margaritaville is more centrally located for most restaurants and other attractions but it is a very congested area. The Margaritaville does have its own parking area.

There are new things opening at The Island which would be nice. You can also access the Riverwalk Greenway near The Island. It really depends on your interest.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
35 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

This is a review of The Margaritaville Resort. Yankee in the South also did one for the new SOAR ride

https://youtu.be/YPRwh9-7e2s

New York
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

Thanks everyone!! We'll check it all out further, appreciate it!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
42 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

Here is the Youtubers video on Dreammore, they didn't stay there but walked through the resort. Just to give you an idea of the area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_2NdmnL9g

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
902 posts
30 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Save

I would choose DreamMore. It is a beautiful resort and is relaxing and away from the hustle and bustle. I do enjoy visiting the Island but one afternoon or evening there is enough for me.

Reply to: Dollywood Dreammore or Margarettaville on the Island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.