We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

Douglas, Georgia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

My friends are DYING to encounter a celebrity sighting while we're in Nashville in a few weeks. Any suggestions on where to go for the best chance at spotting a celebrity??

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

I have lived here for most of my life and can probably count on one hand the number of random celebrity sightings I've had. My kids go to school with a few kids of stars, so I don't count school stuff.

Part of the appeal in Nashville for a celebrity is the fact that generally, we just let them live. On the rare sightings, it is at places like the mall (Reba), the phone store (Vince Gill), walking the park (Nicole Kidman) or at dinner (Tim & Faith). I did see Taylor Swift coming out of Publix last week, nobody even spoke to her.

So, good luck. I have no hints, just keep your eyes open. You never know.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

What nashpam said. It's true you simply never know who you will see where. There aren't just a handful of hotspots because the ones who live and work here ... just live and work here, and they're allowed to just live their lives without being pestered. I've seen Keith Urban at Starbucks, Vince Gill at NUMEROUS random every-day life places, Emmylou Harris at a boutique, Reese Witherspoon (a Nashville native) at a mid-level restaurant, etc. etc. I've seen Marty Stuart drive through Hillsboro Village in a jeep with the top down. You. Just. Never. Know. It's also highly, highly likely you won't see anyone. Or, you'll see powerful music executives, acclaimed songwriters, or the Next Hot Thing, and won't realize it.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

I see about one a week at Starbucks in Brentwood. Seen Keith and Nicole at Calypso Cafe in Belle Meade. There's not a celeb hangout spot or anything. They live here and do things the normal people do. Shop, go out to eat, drink coffee. So, hang out at a restaurant near Music Row and you may have some luck. Other than that, go to Fan Fair.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

Last year we saw Trace Adkins at Caney Fork Restaurant (across from the Opryland Hotel). The waitress told us that some of the country music stars come to the restaurant after performing at the Opry. This was on a Saturday night around 9:00.

Douglas, Georgia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

Thanks y'all....Our eyes will be WIDE OPEN!!! :) Can't wait to visit!!!

6. Re: Celebrity Sightings in Nashville??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 01:46