We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Predators tickets

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
60 reviews
Predators tickets

Hi! We're travelling to Nashville for the first time in November and my husband would love to go to a Preds game while we're there. He's a huge hockey fan! When I look online to buy tickets, I can only see available tickets for their away games - none of their home games. Does anyone know whether tickets are already sold out for the season or are some single tickets being released later? I can always try StubHub but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Predators tickets

Single tickets for home games have not yet gone on sale to the general public and availability will be limited when they do, which will likely be in early September. One thing that will make it difficult for you to purchase direct tickets is that the team restricts purchases to select "home" zip codes in an effort to keep fans from opposing teams out. The resale market may be your best bet, but you shouldn't necessarily jump at the first tickets you find.

Additionally, the team typically does not issue paper tickets, but requires electronic tickets where you use your smart device to display a QR code for admission.

There are a couple of Facebook groups dedicated to buying / selling of Predators tickets. These are moderated well and known cheats are exposed and blocked, so you have some semblance of validity getting tickets this way at more reasonable prices and without high fees that third party sites charge. Most transactions are via paypal / venmo with the seller sending you the QR codes when they become available, usually 48 hours prior to game time (sometimes less, depending on the opponent). Again, this is the team's attempt to keep opposing fans out of the arena.

On street vending of tickets is allowed in Tennessee at whatever price is negotiated, some resellers are licensed by the city. They will have a "Metro Nashville Sidewalk Encroachment Permit" with their photo. Buying from these people is almost always a legitimate transaction. Anytime I've purchased from one, I've asked to take a picture of their permit and have never been refused, so use that as a guide for legitimacy. These sellers will have paper tickets as well as QR Codes for sale (QR codes are typically transferred at the time of purchase).

Mid week games against run of the mill opponents typically are easy to procure, while Saturday games or against top-level opponents can be tougher.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Predators tickets

Thank you! This is extremely helpful.

That’s interesting about the restricting tickets by zip code - I’ve never heard of that before. I’ll pass all this information along to my husband to see what he wants to do.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Predators tickets

We're not hosting the Senators this November, so . . . WELCOME! :)

Seriously though, what Patrick said is all true. A top tier opponent will be more expensive and harder to find a good selection for, even during the week. 20 years of patience, culminating in back-to-back deep playoff runs has Preds Fever at an all time high.

I will add that I've had good luck using StubHub for aftermarket tickets.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Predators tickets

Haha! I promise that these Sens fans come in peace. We’re looking at the game on the 17th and we have no interest in cheering for LA. Plus you guys have Kyle Turris now, who we loved in Ottawa, so we’ll definitely be cheering on the Preds :)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
275 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Predators tickets

It mostly is a way to keep Chicago and Detroit fans away from the arena, because when the Blackhawks or Red Wings come to town, they have to add extra police to patrol like the game is in one of those two crime-riddled towns. The other teams in the League don't usually cause many concerns.

It is best to know somebody that has extra tickets. I have friends that have 8 season tickets for their company and frequently give them away on some nights. If the Preds are playing a team like Arizona or Buffalo, it is a good bet you can find good tickets without much trouble. If they are playing Pittsburgh or Winnipeg, that ticket will by harder to obtain but still possible.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Predators tickets

It's not true that the regional ticket limit is to reduce crime. It's done because the Preds organization wants to keep a dominant home crowd. Frankly I think to say it's about crime reduction is rude and insulting to the many Wings and Blackhawks fans who call Nashville home. Without the Red Wings fans, we wouldn't have a team at all and I'm thankful for their influence, not least of which is our catfish ritual.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Predators tickets

Well said monkeylizard - I know several Nashvillians who are from Chicago or Detroit who were loyal Predators fans for 75 or so games a year and were part of the "crowds" that came to Bridgestone Areana on those cold January and February Tuesday and Thursday nights when maybe 7-8 thousand came to games.

Since the policy is zip code based, it's meant to keep fans who would travel to see their teams play and not for the fans of those teams who've made the investment of moving to Nashville. Before the policy, I'd been to games vs. CHI or DET where more than 50% of the crowd was in red. The policy even has the moniker of "Keep the Red Out" to play off the old Visine tagline.

I follow "Nashville Predators Fans Buy/Sell/Trade Tickets v. 2.0" on Facebook and would suggest this as a 1st option.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: Predators tickets

LOL. As a Blackhawks fan who used to buy up tickets for Preds-Hawks games like crazy when I lived there, I can say that is so far off base I don't even know where to begin. I went to every single games between the teams from 2009-2013 and a few since then. When the Preds struggled, the stadium would be about 66% Blackhawks fans, something any home team would want to try to limit, especially once the team gained traction in the early 2010's.

I've enjoyed the after game festivities downtown a dozen-plus times over the last decade and have NEVER seen an increase in police presence. HP's post is blatantly false.

Please do not spread untrue information like that. Your post reeks of regional ignorance.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 22:13
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
76 reviews
9. Re: Predators tickets

Thankfully, the misguided post has been deleted.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Predators tickets

Will be there either Dec or Feb with a friend and want to go to a Preds game. I got tickets to see Rangers at MSG the day of the game, same with Ducks at Honda Stadium. Can you generally do that for Preds? We don’t care where we sit, we go for the awesome game and the atmosphere as we don’t really have ice hockey in Australia (we we do but... )

Reply to: Predators tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted