We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recs for gluten free dining?

IL
Level Contributor
91 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Any recs for gluten free dining?

We are visiting Nashville for the first time in September (from Chicago). I have to be strictly gluten free (celiac disease). I've done a lot of surfing on tripadvisor and opentable and found some good ideas. Etch, Drafon's, Marche, bartaco, Kayne Prime. for example. I see so many recs on that say 'gluten free friendly', then when I go to the website of the restaurant, I see a statement that says 'no substitutions' or no mention of GF options. Any first hand advice from gluten free diners would be very helpful. We are looking for unique / local / fine dinning/ close to downtown, but we will have a car, so a drive might be OK for good food.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recs for gluten free dining?

I don't have any first hand knowledge as, fortunately, that isn't something our family has to work around. Nashville Guru has consistently provided good advise. Here is their take on GF: nashvilleguru.com/71309/gluten-free-nashville

It's a few months old and features mostly local places, with some smaller chain places included. Most of the places would be mid-level to upscale.

If you have any questions about any of the specific places mentioned, some of our regulars may be able to provide information as to the ambiance and overall feel, even if we can't comment on any GF dishes.

IL
Level Contributor
91 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recs for gluten free dining?

Thanks Patrick! Great link.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
250 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recs for gluten free dining?

I've got a link on my "special diets" blogpost that will give you additional options. If you find someplace you like, make sure to call to 1)make sure they're still in business and 2) actually meet your criteria. My post: notesonnashville.com/2018/…

IL
Level Contributor
91 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recs for gluten free dining?

Another great list. Thanks NotesOnNashvilee! And, yes, I always call ahead.

Reply to: Any recs for gluten free dining?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted