We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gone fishing?

w.mids
Level Contributor
462 posts
70 reviews
Gone fishing?

hi;

my husband and I may be spending some time in the machynlleth area this year and as he likes to do a bit of fishing (mainly coarse fishing) I wondered if anyone has any suggestions that might keep him happy.thanks

6 replies to this topic
Aberdare, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Gone fishing?

The River Dovey runs nearby and it's famous for sea trout. Best make web enquiries for permits etc.

w.mids
Level Contributor
462 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Gone fishing?

many thanks.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Gone fishing?

You could also try fishing for trout on Llyn Clywedog as an extra to the Dyfi. Not a lot of course fishing in the area dur to the fantastic options available locally for everything from sea bass to salmon, sewin and brown trout.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
679 posts
173 reviews
4. Re: Gone fishing?

There have been new restrictions issued regarding the catching of seabass. Go to the bass anglers sportfish society website for more information.

w.mids
Level Contributor
462 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Gone fishing?

thanks for the info.; not sure how my husband would cope with fishing for something you could actually eat !

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Gone fishing?

There's course fishing by Oakfird in Ceredigion I think, and I have a feeling there's a place In the Montgomery/ Newtown area but I haven't been up there for a while. Here it's more fly fishing and eat it! There's a bookshop in mach called coch y bonddu books which has a good source of fishing info too. If he's into outdoors there's a clay shooting ground nearby too and a lot of mountain biking for something different. Make sure you go to number 21 restaurant while you're up too. The food is just lovely as are the staff. They do lunch and cakes too. Hope you enjoy your stay in such a lovely part of the world.

Reply to: Gone fishing?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Machynlleth