We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Nashville?

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Nashville?

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get from Nashville to Lynchburg and the best route?

Planning on going from Lynchburg to Memphis after Jack Daniels tour - again, how long would that take & best route?

Any rough idea would be most helpful.

Many Thanks...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Nashville?

Hi

Just seen your post, if you have not been yet, I can tell you how to get there.

uk
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Nashville?

Just planning a visit to Memphis next February. We would like to visit the Jack Daniels Distillery and explore Lynchburg too.

How do we get from Memphis to Lynchburg?

Any suggestions. I did enquire about getting a tour but from what I see these only happen from April to October with some bus companies?

So was hoping to get public transport.

Many thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far from Nashville?

Hi

There is no public transport option. Can you let me know more details about your plans, you really need a car. Do you drive.

From Memphis it's about a 4 hour drive to Lynchburg. In fact Lynchburg is near Nashville, that is a good place to visit. How long do you plan to stay in Memphis. What do you want to see in Memphis, apart from Graceland I assume!

Let me know more details and I will give you a more comprehensive answer to your question.

Hope to hear from you soon.

uk
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far from Nashville?

Many thanks for replying. Plans are very loose at the moment, early stages of planning! I will also be visiting Nashville, so wil probably visit Lynchburg from there. My son drives, but he is only 20 so not sure if he will be able to hire a car or not.

Thanks for help again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far from Nashville?

Hi

Your son will have to be at least 21 when you go, some rental companies will not rent to anyone under 25 so make sure you check first.

Don't forget, anything else you need to know, just let me know.

Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far from Nashville?

If this isn't too late for your trip I can help you with the Lynchburg to Memphis part (just saw your post), we were in this area lately and went from Lynchburg to Memphis--it's about a 4 hour trip. GPS and internet mapping sites have you go from Lynchburg to Nashville to Memphis (this route shows to be 285 miles). That seemed out of the way to me, so I checked with some of the locals in Lynchburg and they said the better route, the route they all take is to take TN 50 south to Fayetville, TN, and then pick up US 64 all the way into Memphis. In Memphis, US 64 will intersect with I-40. It was a good road, much of it was 4-lane. The only draw back was that you do go through some small towns along the way, but that often just adds interest to the drive. We encountered a little road construction where they were continuing to widen the road to 4-lane, but it wasn't really a problem (no long delays), and construction can't last forever. I figured the locals knew the area better than the mapping systems, and wasn't disappointed with this choice--it was a nice drive.

nashville
Level Contributor
302 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far from Nashville?

From Nashville to Lynchburg is 75 miles. It takes about 90 minutes if you are riding with me or up to 2 hours on a bus! Check out jackdaniels.com for more distillery info & driving directions.

8. Re: How far from Nashville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Lynchburg
Recent Conversations