We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining with vegetables!

Leics
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Dining with vegetables!

Hi I am visiting Brixham with my parents (in their mid-eighties who eat their home grown veg at every day) in July and we will be looking for places to eat. I have spotted a couple of places for eating fish for a change and have looked at The Lytehouse as this appears to be the only restaurant in Brixham which might have proper vegetables rather than just chips and peas etc. Can anyone confirm that the vegetables proper not frozen and also can anyone suggest a restaurant I can take them for a birthday meal - similar veg rules apply - quite happy to travel as will have to get the car out to take them out anyway.

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
1. Re: Dining with vegetables!

If there was an award for most unusual Tripadvisor Forum post, you'd win it holidaytripper! :-)

Sorry can't help answer though as don't know that part of Devon well enough....

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Dining with vegetables!

Hi would suggest you have a look at the Berry Head Hotel:

berryheadhotel.com/userfiles/downloads/table…

For tea/coffee lunch The Breakwater Bistro , Brixham is very nice.

Both of the above have sea views.

I would also suggest Churston Court hotel for lunch or evening meal.

I have taken my 83 year old mother to all 3 places.

england
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Dining with vegetables!

Can't help thinking of Margaret Thatcher's cabinet and Spitting Image.

Perhaps try a vegetarian restaurant for a change https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g5…

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: Dining with vegetables!

haha! At last someone who agrees with me that peas are not a proper vegetable!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,594 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Dining with vegetables!

@3...that was exactly on my mind when I read the topic

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
201 reviews
6. Re: Dining with vegetables!

As you're quite happy to travel, restaurants in Totnes might be a better bet.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Dining with vegetables!

Hi

Torquay is awash with fantastic restaurants who serve fresh, local produce. Some favourites are the Orange Tree, Old Vienna, Number 7, The Elephant, On the Rocks, Hole in the Wall.

Torquay is not far from Brixham. If you haven't sorted accommodation yet, there are some fantastic B&Bs in Torquay you could consider. You could maybe just have a day out in Brixham instead and do it the other way round?

The only restaurant I can think of in Brixham is Poop Deck who do good local fish. Liberty on Brixham harbour is great for cakes or lunch.

Hope you all have a good holiday.

Andy.

The 25 Boutique B&B

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Dining with vegetables!

Hi, you will not be too far from Paignton (it's about 3 miles ). Why not look at T J's Restaurent its on tripadvisor and its number 1 in the Paignton Restaurent ratings. They use a local green grocer and are happy to adapt to any special requests. Great view for the birthday meal !. Make sure you book and explain your requirements though, as it is very popular. Also we use Simply Fish Restaurent in Brixham, not the cheapest but it's the best. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Reply to: Dining with vegetables!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brixham
Recent Conversations