We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Byo

Belfast, United...
8 posts
1 review
Byo

Is there a BYO restaurant in Ashbourne?

5 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,273 posts
1. Re: Byo

There may well be. But too far out of town for me.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
2. Re: Byo

Hi Siobhan

You haven't mentioned what type of restaurant/cuisine you are after.

I'm not aware of any BYO's in Ashbourne. However, there are some very good restaurants in Ashbourne - my own favourites being the cool, contemporary Eatzen (Chinese) and Cinnamon Garden (Indian) - which are our "go to" restaurants in the North East for a mid-week or Sunday meal. Both have fantastic early bird menus, and clever inventive, non run-of-the-mill cooking.

If you are interested in either - make a reservation, as both are usually packed no matter what day of the week we go.

www.eatzen.ie

www.cinnamongarden.ie

Oh, if you fancy a bit of chocolate - tip in to Chez Emily on the Main Street too www.chezemily.ie

lol LordK - I remember when Ashbourne was out in the sticks, and a blink and you miss it small town on the N2. Not so much anymore - it's practically a suburb of Dublin these days - and interestingly enough - didn't seem to suffer the effects of the Celtic Tiger as much as other places. You should venture out that way someday for a spin! Pick up a few of Hugh Maguire's award winning breakfast sausages while you're there. Bet off competition from other European countries and won the "best sausage in Europe" a couple of years ago. hughmaguirebutchers.com/main/index.php…

Belfast, United...
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Byo

There used to be a byo Italian restaurant but not sure what it was called so really checking if it's still there. It was on a street off the main street.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
4. Re: Byo

Would it have been Big Cicero? If so, it's closed with Fifty50 Restaurant on the site instead There's no indication on their website that they're byo. I've never been myself, as we can never pass either Eatzen or Cinnamon Garden (and it usually causes an argument which one we will go to!)

oops edit to include the weblink to Fifty50 http://www.fifty50.ie/ashbourne/a-la-carte/

Edited: 28 July 2015, 20:46
Belfast, United...
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: Byo

Yes think that's what it was called. Cheers for your reply

Reply to: Byo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashbourne
Recent Conversations