We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punchestown Festival 2011

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
Punchestown Festival 2011

I am planning a surprise trip to next year's Punchestown Festival for my husband's birthday. We would be staying for 5 nights and as I have never been to Ireland before would appreciate some advice. From what I have researched, if we stay in Dublin it is going to cost us arounf 30 euros each per day return which at a total of 300 euros is steep. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay near the race course that is on a bus or train route as all the hotels I have researched say that no public transport is available.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Punchestown is a rural area so there is no regular bus service to it. The nearest train station is at Sallins, some distance away.

However, I'm sure there are special arrngements from hotels in Naas for shuttling clients out to the course during racing week.

Killashee House is a beautiful hotel that I would recommend

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Many thanks for your response. I'll bear that in mind and suss out their web site and rates

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Killlashee would book fairly quickly for the races, so if you are interested, I'd book quite soon. Punchestown is close to Blessington too,which has a bus service to Dublin very regularly.

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Thank you. How easy would it be getting from Blessington to Punchestown?

Naas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

The Osprey Hotel runs a free shuttle bus to and from the races for guests. You can also get a shuttle bus from the main street opposite the post office for €10 return per person. If you wish to drive parking at Punchestown is free. To check for hotels and guest houses in the area try www.kildare.ie

naas
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

If you stay at the osprey hotel Naas they run a shuttle bus. Naas about 4 miles from Punchestown. Also try the westgrove hotel Clane which may offer better value. nice hotel too and about 9 miles from Punchestown. probably busier at night in Naas. A great festival. good Luck. Naas resident.

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Many thanks for his information. Naas sounds the best bet as we would want something lively in the evening to hopefully spend our winnings!!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know what dates Punchestown Festival will be in 2011?

Thanks

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,364 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

Only provisional dates are available at present 3-7th May ?

http://www.punchestown.com/festival_2010.asp

10. Re: Punchestown Festival 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 September 2010, 20:50
Get answers to your questions about Naas
Recent Conversations
More Naas Topics