We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for restaurant suggestions

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
185 reviews
Looking for restaurant suggestions

we will be visiting for a couple days in a few weeks and I am looking for restaurant suggestions. My daughter and I have severe dairy intolerance so I'm looking for places that would have good options for this!

5 replies to this topic
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Looking for restaurant suggestions

Not sure on the dairy intolerance, but I personally like the following:

Any lodges in Custer State Park

Big Time Pizza in Keystone

Powder House Lodge in Keystone

Alpine Inn in Hill City

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
2. Re: Looking for restaurant suggestions

slrtravelplanner, I think she means in Sioux Falls, but now she has some good recommendations for the Black Hills. :)

Thebutterfly, if you use the full website and go to the South Dakota forum (this is the Sioux Falls forum), there are some Top Questions in the upper right corner in blue. About 3/4 of the way down is a question entitled, "What is a good place to eat in Sioux Falls?" You'd have to call the individual restaurants or look at their websites for the dairy info, though.

Many people of Asian descent are lactose intolerant, so looking at Chinese restaurants might be an idea. We like The Golden Bowl. It's kind of hard to find, though, so make sure you have good directions.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
749 reviews
3. Re: Looking for restaurant suggestions

Minerva's & Hibachi Grill/Supreme Buffet

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Looking for restaurant suggestions

Carnaval, it is a Brazilian place. Some may find it expensive, but the buffet options, should you choose it, are far more numerous than most places I have been outside of Las Vegas. It is likely that you will find enough dairy-free choices. It's been a few years since I was up there, but I imagine it's practically the same now. It would be a good place to take your daughter for a treat -- it would be an experience, and the way the servers come around with skewers of meat would be something she would remember.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
12 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Looking for restaurant suggestions

PizzaRev offers dairy-free options. It's a build-your-own pizza place near the mall.

Reply to: Looking for restaurant suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls