We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to do it

10 posts
How to do it

I will be driving from la Crosse to Sioux falls visit the falls then on to the minueteman base then on to wall is it best to overnight in Sioux falls or go on a bit farther i have two full days thank you for your help and advice

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
15,048 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: How to do it

It's only about 4 hours from LaCrosse to Sioux Falls, so I'd probably continue down to road to Mitchell to cut an hour off my drive to the Badlands the next day. There are several chain hotels in Mitchell where you could stay, but I don't have any personal knowledge of them.

Remember you need to book tickets for the tour of the Minuteman Launch Facility if you hope to do that. If tickets aren't available, you can still see the Visitor Center and drive down I-90 to see the Delta-09 site.

Edited: 31 July 2017, 05:07
10 posts
2. Re: How to do it

Thanks for your help how far is the missile base from mitchell

Edited: 31 July 2017, 06:13
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
532 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: How to do it

About two and one half to three hours down the road. I would drive to Murdo or even Wall after seeing the Falls, that will give you extra time for Minuteman (assuming you get or have tour tickets) and the Badlands.

Reply to: How to do it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls