We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

genealogy trip to courthouse

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
genealogy trip to courthouse

I'm planning a genealogy trip to the Spartanburg courthouse. I've never been and thus far have not researched any areas. Can you give me some ideas of where in town would be a good place to stay for 2 nights? Only amenity that I'd like is breakfast included. Looking for an area of town close to the courthouse, but clean and safe. I like hotels like The Comfort Inn, etc... Not fancy, not too expensive, hoping for less than $100/night. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Spartanburg
Spartanburg
South Carolina
1 reply
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
271 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: genealogy trip to courthouse

Tallgal,

If you have not taken your trip yet this is a decent property that might fit your needs:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg-North

161 Sha Lane Spartanburg, South Carolina 29307 United States

The property is located at the intersection of I-85 and US-221. It has several fast food/restaurants, convenience stores, and even a grocery store around it.

US-221 is one of the main streets that goes through Spartanburg and is only one block away from the court house. In Spartanburg, US-221 is named Church Street.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from the courthouse and provides a good base from which to work.

Mentioned in this post
Spartanburg
Spartanburg
South Carolina
United States
United States
North America
Reply to: genealogy trip to courthouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spartanburg