We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip, need suggestions

Florida
Level Contributor
229 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute trip, need suggestions

We have just booked a last minute trip to this area and will be staying in Spartanburg, I really could use some suggestions of things to do and places to visit while there July 3-5th.

I know that is not a lot of time but since we just made plans that is all the time we could do. Neither my husband or I have been to this area and really need help planning a couple of day trips.

We do plan on going up to Asheville and visiting the Biltmore Estate grounds but other than that I just don't know what is worth seeing between Spartanburg and Asheville or any other towns in the area.

Is it worth driving from Spartanburg over to Greenville?

HELP

5 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip, need suggestions

Here's some ideas:

Tour the BMW plant and visit the Zentrum Museum (in Greer), head over to Chesnee and visit Strawberry Hill for some delicious SC peaches (peach orchard & produce market), visit one of the SC State Parks (Caesar's Head or Table Rock), head over to Greenville and check out the downtown area (definitely worth a trip), go to DuPont State Forest (just over the border in NC) and hike to a number of waterfalls.

Florida
Level Contributor
229 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip, need suggestions

NC pat, I just checked out DuPont State Forest and I think we will definitely go there and Strawberry Hill. Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Becky

Florida
Level Contributor
229 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip, need suggestions

NC pat, is Dupont State Forest in Henderville or closer to Asheville? I am trying to find driving directions but mapquest doesn't reconize it.

becky

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute trip, need suggestions

Try googlemaps - Dupont State Forest, Cedar Mountain, NC (closer to Hendersonville than Asheville, I think). Here's a link to give you the general location.

http://dupontforest.com/directions.html

Edited: 02 July 2014, 00:30
Florida
Level Contributor
229 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute trip, need suggestions

Thanks so much. B

Reply to: Last minute trip, need suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spartanburg