We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hush Puppies

West Sparta, NY
3 posts
Hush Puppies

My husband and I will be coming back to Pawleys this February for vacation, this will be our second trip to P.I.; we just love the non-commercial atmosphere of the area.

With that being said, my question is, where can one find great (non franchise) hush puppies. I became a huge fan of those on a trip to Ashville NC a few years back and have not found anything that compares. Any suggestions where I might find them in P.I.? I look forward to hearing any feedback - thanks.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Hush Puppies

I like the ones at Lee's Inlet Kitchen.

http://www.leesinletkitchen.com/menu.htm

West Sparta, NY
3 posts
2. Re: Hush Puppies

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I checked out their menu and sounds yummy!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Hush Puppies

Sure. Pawley's in winter is wonderful!

Don't forget to eat some local oysters. They are in season in the "r" months.Have a great time.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Hush Puppies

And if you're planning a day trip "this way" (Charleston) about 10 minutes before you get to Mt. Pleasant is the Seewee Restaurant. Bottomless hush puppy basket.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Hush Puppies

I concur!

West Sparta, NY
3 posts
6. Re: Hush Puppies

Thank you all so much. Our trip will be centered in Pawleys Island and planned trips to Charleston and in between... so we have factored your suggestions into our plans. This is the first time we have posted to a public forum and found it very helpful. Again, many thanks.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Hush Puppies

Our pleasure, I'm sure!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
689 posts
8. Re: Hush Puppies

Drunken Jacks in Murrels Inlet is our family favorite hush prppy. Just a few miles north of PI.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
110 reviews
9. Re: Hush Puppies

Seewee... Yum!

10. Re: Hush Puppies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Pawleys Island
Recent Conversations