We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Fishing/Clam Digging?

Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
June Fishing/Clam Digging?

Greetings,

My family will be returning to beautiful Pawley's Island this June and I'm curious to know if there is anyplace on Pawley's to dig for clams, and also if anyone has any information on beach fishing from the South end of Pawley's I'd appreciate it. Specifically, I'm looking to acquire information as to the type of fish that may be biting, what kind of bait, ect. I'm pretty up to speed with the regs, I'm just looking for some local knowledge!

Thank you very much and I'm looking forward to any/all suggestions or advice.

3 replies to this topic
Easley, South...
Level Contributor
869 posts
1 review
1. Re: June Fishing/Clam Digging?

There is a great great fishing outfitter/tackle shop right there, Pawley's Island Outdoors I think.Call them or stop by.They really know fishing there.They will know if there is clamming also.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: June Fishing/Clam Digging?

The SC shellfish season usually closes on May15th, including oysters, clams, etc. Occasionally, it is extended by a week or so, but I don’t ever remember it lasting into June. The South end of Pawleys is a popular fishing spot, although I suspect most of the serious surf fishermen prefer the beaches at Huntington State Park, due to less interference from swimmers. I’m not a surf fisherman, but whiting and croakers are frequently caught on pieces of shrimp, along with the occasional stingray and small shark. Overall, our surf fishing seems to be a good way to relax with little risk of being disturbed. :-) Welcome back to Pawleys. Hope y’all have a great trip.

Edited: 28 April 2018, 02:43
Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: June Fishing/Clam Digging?

Thanks, the guys at Pawley's Outdoors are awesome...they hooked me up (no pun intended) last time we were there and I actually did pretty well fishing the saltwater marsh in March....caught a few reds, a couple of flounder and of course, a TON of crab.

I definitely will be stopping by to chat with them and stock up on gear.

Thanks very much!

Reply to: June Fishing/Clam Digging?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pawleys Island
Recent Conversations