We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Pawleys Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Thanksgiving Dinner

Any idea where to eat T’giving dinner in area of Pawleys/Litchfield/Murrells Inlet?

4 replies to this topic
Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Hanser House- right next door to Litchfield Beach and Golf resort- very walkable from Seaside or Summerhouse or Lakeside.

http://www.hanserhouse.com/home

They are serving Thanksgiving dinner from 11 am - 6 pm and I wish I could be there.

Every time we have visited there Granny and the Hanser family have extended hospitality that has left us feeling like family, and it wasn't even a holiday, just your average day. :)

Enjoy your Thanksgiving getaway~

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
152 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Not many restaurants have advertised their Thanksgiving plans yet. For many, it seems to change from year to year whether or not they open on Thanksgiving. Wherever you decide to eat, make reservations. It will be crazy busy down here. A couple possible suggestions...

We will be at Hanser House again this year. The food is good, the price is reasonable and it's almost like eating Thanksgiving with our family, who are far away. At the same time, it will be crazy, noisy and reservations will be running behind. It's all part of it. Their Thanksgiving menu has been posted on their website.

Saltwater Creek Cafe also usually offers a very good traditional Thanksgiving menu. It will also be busy, but casual and usually a little quieter. It's one of our favorite restaurants in the area that seems to fly along nicely under the radar.

If you prefer something more refined and elegant, Austins Ocean One usually serves a special Thanksgiving menu. Their food is very good, which is reflected in their prices. Many of the tables offer ocean views.

Finally, Webster's is another good choice IF they decide to be open. Some years they have offered an excellent Thanksgiving and Christmas buffet that's very nicely done. Other years they have not opened at all. They are located in Litchfield Golf & Beach resort but open to the public. They will not advertise. If you're interested, you'll need to call and inquire.

Whatever you decide, hope you have a great visit. Don't forget the reservations! :-)

Edited: 31 October 2017, 03:12
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
715 posts
124 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Pawleys Plantation will be serving a Thanksgiving Buffet, and I believe that I read Litchfield Country Club will as well.

I'm sorry, I don't have contact info for either, but if you'll call the facilities they can give you the particulars.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
715 posts
124 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Just to update you, I saw today that Southern Comforts, the restaurant now where "The Mayor's House" used to be, will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner, and though a little further up than you mentioned, The Surf Diner, at the Surfside Pier, will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner. They recommend reservations at the Diner-8437121850 is the number if you want to call for more info.

Reply to: Thanksgiving Dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pawleys Island