We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Me and about five of my friends are looking for a beachfront hotel in Myrtle Beach for spring break at the end of March. All of us are over 18. We don't really care too much where the hotel is located, as long as it's on or at the very least across from the beach. We have called several and they said if we laid down a $300 deposit we could stay, but most wanted the deposit in cash and I'm a little worried I will never see that money again, no matter how nice we keep the room. Any suggestions for hotels or how to handle security deposits?

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd. 843-448-8414

Guests 25 years of age and under are required to pay a refundable 50.00 deposit.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Yes, all hotels in MB if willing to rent to 18 to 25 year olds will require cash deposit.

If you don't mind me asking which ones?

Read reviews for them and try to pick the one that has the most reputable business. Maybe try one of these chain hotels Comfort Inn oceanfront, Quality inn across the street, Super 8 oceanfront, or Days INN oceanfront.

You could also try VRBO as private owners may allow you to stay. Please keep us updated as others in your boat will most likely ask too.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

I don't know what all ones we called, we canceled most of them out after they asked for a cash deposit because I am worried I will never get that money back. I did save the Boardwalk Beach Resort, they only required a $200 deposit, but again still cash. Most chain hotels, such as the Days Inn, Quality Inn, Super 8, etc. allowed under 21 check-ins, but most of them got terrible reviews (bed bugs!) and are not on the beach. We have a couple weeks left before we want to settle on a hotel, so I am looking for the nicest we can get that allows under 25 check-in on a college budget.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

www.retreatmyrtlebeach.com/student-groups.htm

Think this company deals with students. Located in NMB might not be as convenient to MB as you would like.

ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Try

http://www.oceansands.com/#

or

Sheraton at the Convention Center not beachfront

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
87 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Westgate Myrtle Beach - 843-448-4481. They take 18+.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Its been a few years but we stayed at Bermuda Sands when we were 20 and they did not require a cash deposit at that time. Its not the fanciest place but it was clean and on the beach which was our two requirements and its within walking distance to Family Kingdom and a few restaurants.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

I really don't think you will have a problem getting your deposit back as long as the room isn't destroyed or damaged.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

Cinncinnati, I'm sure this policy seems unfair, but its based on experience and statistics. Many properties with HOA's simply won't rent to under 25.

As for the "cash" stipulation, I would think they would accept a bank cashier's check or money order. In any event, ask for a receipt. Remember that this is a refundable deposit.* I don't often hear about it, but I wouldn't doubt there are a few places that overcharge for minor damages or make them up. Unfortunately, it would be more trouble than it's worth to fight for a disputed deposit, and they know that.

You can best avoid this scenario by choosing wisely, favoring chains. If in doubt, check with the BBB or CofC. Also, take pictures, or, better yet, ask to have the room inspected as you check out.

* If it makes you feel any better, some places that allow pets charge a "NON-refundable security deposit." I wonder who coined that term?

It SHOULD be called a "surcharge."

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
7,121 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront hotels that allows under 21 check-in?

If you type in "senior week" in the search bar just up above...a bunch of

older posts will come up...with "under 21" hotel suggestions for you.

And yes...if you keep your room clean, no spills or stains or break anything...you should get your refund back. Get a receipt!