We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crocodile rocks dueling pianos

conn
14 posts
Save Topic
crocodile rocks dueling pianos

This place looks like a lot of fun!! does anyone know if it is appropriate to bring 12-15 years? If so, before a certain time? Thanks!

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

love crocodile rocks. It stays pretty calm up to about 8pm.

BUT the smoke is horrible. If you want your kids to see some amazing piano players stop in for a few songs. They do kick out the under 21 crowd later in the evening, for very good reason.

Ohio
Level Contributor
139 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

It is tons if fun. Highly recommend this place... the youngest in our group was 19, so age wasn't too much a factor. After 8 or 9 is 21+ and a cover charge. The performers and crowd get a little louder/ more adult themes/language later in the evening.

If you plan to go late afternoon/ early evening it should be ok. check out the website and see if it says anything else about age restrictions.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

Duelling pianos is absolutely not appropriate for children. WE love it, but yes smoke can be quite a problem. But the entertainment is for adults only. Lots of crazy, drunk people singing and having fun, jokes will contain bad language, se*ual comments, the special 1 finger salute you give to "new people" that walk into the bar-not for children.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

I can't believe anyone would take young children in there, we go every weekend and at no time would I take a child in there. The doors open at 7pm, the piano players start at 8pm, you will HAVE to pay a cover when you walk in the door. We always get there early, I have never seen a child allowed in, are we talking about the same place at Broadway?

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

hart we were last there in August of 07. It was a Sunday night and we didn't have to pay a cover charge to get in-was about 6pm I think. The first few songs were not offensive nor vulgar. Agreeably the atmosphere does change later when they kick out the under age group. I agree that it is not appropriate for little ones as I mentioned. And for me the smoke would be a big deterrent. However, if a family has a musical child and just wants to show them some amazing talent they might want to peek inside for the early songs. And maybe only on Sunday?

I certainly do agree with you that the majority of the evening is not at all appropriate for little ones.

Isn't it amazing though the amount of young kids we see nowadays in movies that are in no way appropriate for their age group!

And even if the movie is rated G the commercials before the movie are so wrong!

And I don't advocate Dick's Last Resort for young kids either but the place is always full of them!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

Sorry, I have never been on a Sunday, so I can't really address that. I don't have children so I am looking for the R rated evening, not the PG. So I guess I should preface that. But being a regular going mostly on Fri/Sat nights, I had never seen children in there. Fri/Sat the cover charge is $10.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
850 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

beachgoer - your best bet is to call Crocodile Rocks and just ask. As the previous poster stated, I have also only been on weekends, and while it is a blast and one of our fave places to go, it is definitely for adults only. =)

8. Re: crocodile rocks dueling pianos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 11:55