We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

wv
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

Is there any place to walk and play in tide pools? I know there is a creek from the ocean at ocean creek resort. Is there anything like that closer to the Caribbean?

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

Nothing like that in the area that I have ever seen. You usually find things like that in areas that have rocky shorelines. Stay out of the waters running across the beach from creeks and swashes- the bacteria level can be very high at times in that water.

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

If you go to www.myrtlebeachinfo.com and click on events the area parks sponser just what your looking for.

Lumberton NJ
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

I don't know if I would call it a tide pool but, in front of Ocean Creek has a "inlet or cut" that fills when the tide comes in. I've seen people raft up and down it and I also have seen sea life in it. Check it out.

Surfside
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

Yes, stay away from the runoffs that you will find dissecting the beach, as that they are runoffs from the roads and what have you, and after a rainstorm, can contain very high bacteria levels.

Any tidepools you might find are just when the tide comes in and fills up a crevice or indention that has been made. There isn't really a specific area for this, they just happen from time to time. But there isn't anything living in them.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any tide pools you can play with starfish or sea...

The Sands Beach Resort has a little tidal pool, plus a creek running behind it. We were there a couple of years ago, and every morning and afternoon someone was fishing in the creek.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach