We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopefully the 22nd of September

Aberdeen, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Hopefully the 22nd of September

I was wondering if this was going to happen? I'm staying at The Palace Resort...which I rented through a realtor. I'm wondering if anyone had any news about Myrtle Beach?

14 replies to this topic
Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

It’s really too early to give you a good answer, but I think most places will be trying to return to some semblance of normalcy by 9/22. Residents are being allowed to return starting 9am this morning. It is quite likely that some properties sustained damage, so check with your realtor quickly and persist until you get a firm answer. Are you flying? Driving could be a significant challenge. Rivers are flooding, and those take weeks to return to normal levels. I have not seen a report that the MB airport is open. I would expect it to be open at least in a few days, but do not hesitate to contact them if any concerns. It will not be an ideal time to visit, but I think there’s a good chance it will be possible.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

Portions of I-95 in both NC and SC are closed and may get worse before they better due to rivers flooding their banks. Portions of I-40 are also closed.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
717 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

I'd say getting there will be the biggest challenge if you're driving. Most major roads through the southeastern section of NC are closed due to flooding and it's projected to only get worse in the next 24-36 hours. Lot of road closures in and around Horry County as well.

9 posts
4. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

If you have reservations between the 18th and the end of the month and haven't been contacted by your resort you should be contacting them.

The Oceana Resorts family of resorts has updated their web page with information which is different for the different hotels..

The Anderson will accept existing reservations beginning the 18th and new reservations the 21st.

The Patricia Grand will be rescheduled or moved to a sister resort from the 18th to the 30th.

The Carolinian will accept existing reservations on the 18th but may require a room change.

And there is more info on their other hotels.

A few flights into Myrtle Beach are cancelled but most are on time. Roads in North Carolina are still bad.

After Hurricane Matthew in 2016 many of the rooms had wet carpet from the rain being blown in around the sliding glass doors. They had contractors come in with fans to dry things out so some of the rooms weren't available for a few days.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
678 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

We are supposed to be checking in the Wyndham Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach Wednesday, 9/17. Tried calling them and no answer. American Airlines won't do anything for us because they are only changing flights through today.

Aberdeen, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

My Resort my Resort is closed until Wednesday I I think it should be fine because I spoke to the realtor and the realtor said that everything should be good they said that Walmart is open so we're good for food I'm going to start calling around to find out if gas stations and stuff are open and I'm going to start doing that tomorrow and then I'm going to keep on calling the resort to find out when they are going to open or if somebody will pick up the phone there and as for flying or driving I am I am driving and I know that it's going to take me a little while longer to get there but that's why I'm leaving on the 20th instead of the 21st

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
717 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

More and more places are reporting "open for business" so that's the good news. The bad news is I-95 and I-40 are still under water in parts of NC. Check here:

https:/…

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
717 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

And the latest SC road conditions are here:

dbw.scdot.org/RoadConditions/default.aspx

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
271 reviews
9. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

You shouldnt have any problems by the 22nd. Most resorts are open now.

Edited: 18 September 2018, 19:04
2 posts
10. Re: Hopefully the 22nd of September

we are leaving to come down there sept 22 2018 is myrtle beach ok to see at this because of the road condition there is thing going to be open around there

Reply to: Hopefully the 22nd of September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted