We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using AirBnB

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
924 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Using AirBnB

Tried using AirBnB to book. I found it to be difficult and time consuming, so much so that I gave a booked a room through a resort. (Having to take pictures of yourself and your ID and their software has to be able to read it and if it can’t you reservation gets cancelled, etc.) I was just wondering if anyone else has any tips or has experienced the same frustration I did.

5 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using AirBnB

some lettings require a verification of identity which I think is a good thing from a safety point of view.

As there as thousands of hotel/motel rooms at very good rates, I wouldn't use Air Bnb for Myrtle Beach.

But yes, their site can be a nightmare to navigate at times.

Edited: 07 October 2017, 16:37
North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using AirBnB

Most people going to the NMB/MB area use VRBO/Homeaway not ABB. On all the sites you have to LOOK for an owner managed condo if that is what you want. You will get a cleaner condo when an owner is renting it until they can use it full time. Once you find a place you like an owner will let you book directly with them for a follow on stay and then you do not pay the ABB booking fee.

3. Re: Using AirBnB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2017, 08:05

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using AirBnB

When I have used AirBnB (not in Myrtle Beach) I found that some links took you to a rental company and you booked thru them. Some take you to an individual. When I booked in Savannah, it took me to a rental agency and they requested to be able to draft my bank account, if I did so, I got a discount on the total fee. There was no way I was going to give my bank account info to anyone ~ so I choose to book with a credit card and pay the higher fee. The property was great and I had no complaints.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using AirBnB

Reply to Cindy m, disagree with your statement.Most people book directly thru the hotel.And most all hotels in Myrtle Beach have units that are individually owned.When renting thru the hotel ask for a premier as opposed to non premier unit.All hotel desk clerks know which units have become run down due to owner neglect.

Reply to: Using AirBnB
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted