We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

Hello, we are planning a trip to Hilton Head for the first week in August. Having read lots of posts on this forum I have decided on the Forest Beach area because of the possibility to walk to shops and restaurants. Now I need to decide on the resort and would like some advice. I have read about Seacrest and Shorewood so far. We are traveling with our teenage daughter and we are looking for the following:

-very close to the beach

-walking distance to shops and restaurants

-one or two bedrooms

-large or more than one pool

-possibility of meeting other teens traveling with their families (so probably a larger resort)

-we don't mind if it is a bit dated in the rooms but want nice outdoor/pool areas and of course must be clean inside and out

-we hope to spend a couple of nights in Charleston too so would like a place that will rent for six instead of the usual seven nights

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

There are numerous villas all up and down North and South Forest beach Road. The challenge may be finding one that is available the first week in August. You can initially log onto: www.vrbo.com. Then go to the Forest Beach area and just scan what the various villas look like, their amenities and proximity to beach (some are ocean front, some are just steps to the beach or across the street). Given your time frame, once you have a sense of what is out there, I would suggest you call one of the management companies with a list of 2-3 villas and see what is available in your price range. It could be fairly labor intensive to check all the individual availability calendars on line for a vacancy that week.

Good luck.

Joanne

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

What is your budget?

D in Muskoka

And specific dates? A full week?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

Thank you for your replies. The specif dates would be arriving on July 28th and leaving on August 2nd if we can get something for less than 7 nights. If we can only book by the full week we may forego the two nights in Charleston and stay longer in Hilton Head. Our budget is around $250 per night. I know we left this booking kind of late so if we can't find anything suitable in HHI we will have to start considering other destinations.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

The link below is for vrbo.com and I have put in your dates of July 28 to August 2nd, and everything this lists is currently availble (or supposed to be).

vrbo.com/search/…firm

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka

As well, Spinnaker REsorts has nightly rates. WE have stayed at Waterside by Spinnaker and Egret Point both very nice. WS is closer to beach. EPoint is in Shipyard Plantation and WSide is on Pope Avenue in Forest Beach.

spinnakerresorts.com/vacation-offers/hilton-…

I highly recommend both of these. PLUS, Spinnaker is a Canadian owned resort company.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

Just a note on the availability calendars on VRBO.

Many are not kept up-to-date. So if you log onto the calendar and it shows a red line only blocked off to the current date, it is NOT an up-to-date calendar.

FYI- Egret Point and Spinnaker are both timeshares.

Edited: 08 July 2012, 05:17
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

Thank you D in Muskoka,. I was originally looking for a beachfront place but Waterside by Spinnaker looks very nice and they don't require a full week. I will likely book there and may post more questions as we get closer to our trip.

Concord, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

North Shore Place. Right next to Coligny Plaza on N. Forest Beach Dr. 2 br villas. Rooftop pool. Access to Seacrest's ocean front pool. 100 yards to the beach. Can't be beat. May be a little late to find one for August. VRBO or just google North Shore Place. We have stayed there many times and have 3 villas the week of July 28.

Concord, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

North Shore Place. Right next to Coligny Plaza on N. Forest Beach Dr. 2 br villas. Rooftop pool. Access to Seacrest's ocean front pool. 100 yards to the beach. Can't be beat. May be a little late to find one for August. VRBO or just google North Shore Place. We have stayed there many times and have 3 villas the week of July 28.

9. Re: Where to stay in Forest Beach area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations