We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay near the pier

Matthews, North...
8 posts
Save Topic
Stay near the pier

We've never been to Folly Beach and my husband fishes a lot so I need somewhere to stay that is within walking distance to the pier, either a hotel/motel or a condo rental. Would prefer to be on the ocean. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay near the pier

Tides of Folly Beach is a hotel right next to the pier. It is right on the ocean. Great location to walk to everything.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay near the pier

It is also the only hotel on Folly.

Easley, South...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay near the pier

if you see folly beach on hotwire you can rest assured its the Tides.As the others have said, its the only game in town.The renovation a few years ago was done by JHM hotel group.They buy 30+ years old hotels in good locations and turn them back into a desirable property.They own the Charleston Marriott also.

Matthews, North...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay near the pier

Thanks for the info. We'll book the hotel and I'm sure we'll have a great time.

5. Re: Stay near the pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations