We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alligator

Ky
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
alligator

Okay I must ask, someone posting an article FB about an alligator on Folly.. When doing a search I found an article May 2014 but not this year.. Would anyone know how true the posting of the alligator found this May?

Thank you

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alligator

There has not been a newsworthy alligator story from Folly Beach this year.

If you are worried, gators don't bite when they're in a bad place, e.g. ocean or salt creeks near the ocean. They like fresh water. No danger on the surf beach. Might a big one in the marsh at the east side of Folly Island, back there where the cat lady hangs out, but no problem for visitors.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alligator

the sharks keep the alligators away from the beaches

Ky
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alligator

Thanks really not worried! I love Folly and I'm one of those people hoping nobody finds the wonderful place!!

M L
home
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alligator

It is true about the alligator. It was this yr, saw the film of it. Saw it on the News. It is real.

5. Re: alligator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations