We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Palmer...
Level Contributor
174 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Beach chair/umbrella rental

Heading to Charleston next week and am interested in at least one or two beach day's. Can anyone recommend a place with beach char/ umbrella rentals ? Also, is Folly beach a good choice for a day of beach walking and relaxing or is there a better option?

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

Folly is a great island to visit from Charleston - only about a 15 minute drive from downtown. Rent chairs and umbrellas on either side of the pier from two great companies. For bar action, rent in front of Tides Hotel from Jacob at Sand and Ski (blue umbrellas). For a quieter spot, rent from the other side of the pier from Mike at Sunshine Rentals (yellow umbrellas). Have a great visit!

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

Folly is a great island to visit from Charleston - only about a 15 minute drive from downtown. Rent chairs and umbrellas on either side of the pier from two great companies. For bar action, rent in front of Tides Hotel from Jacob at Sand and Ski (blue umbrellas). For a quieter spot, rent from the other side of the pier from Mike at Sunshine Rentals (yellow umbrellas). Have a great visit!

Palmer...
Level Contributor
174 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

Thanks for the info.

Dallas
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

I have a second home on Folly and love it. I would recommend that if you come, head to the west end of the island either at the county park or in one of the pay lots run by the county that I think are just $7 - gets crowded by the pier. You can walk for a long ways. Center St. has cute restaurants and some great spots. I think there are beach chair rentals avail

Palmer...
Level Contributor
174 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

Thank you...good tips to consider!

6. Re: Beach chair/umbrella rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Folly Beach
Recent Conversations