We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise port parking alternative

NC
Level Contributor
68 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise port parking alternative

Hi, we are leaving on a cruise from Charleston and I am wondering if there any parking options close to the port (other than parking with the port authority). We will only have a carry-on and won't mind walking.

Thanks in advance!

Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
311 reviews
from US$ 26.00*
Charleston Food Tour
107 reviews
from US$ 60.00*
2-Hour Historical Walking Tour of...
93 reviews
from US$ 20.00*
Charleston Food Tour
39 reviews
from US$ 60.00*
4 replies to this topic
NC
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise port parking alternative

Visit TA's sister site, cruise critic:

https:/…

This is the board for East Coast departures. Do a search for "Charleston" and you should find several threads for parking. If not, you can always ask on a new thread.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
50 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise port parking alternative

If you will need a hotel the night before, you might consider a park and cruise package.

charlestoncvb.com/special-offers/…

I have heard that Palmetto Parking offers cruise parking. But I don't know anything more about them, good or bad.

palmettoparking.com/cruise-parking/4557836016

There are public parking garages downtown.

www.charleston-sc.gov/index.aspx?NID=1025

Not really an area with an abundance of parking options I'm afraid.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise port parking alternative

We just came back from a cruise out of Charleston (10/9/17) and stayed the night before in North Charleston in West Ashley and the night after in Mt. Pleasant. We did park at the cruise terminal....very organized and easy. Next time we will stay in Mt. Pleasant the night before the cruise. Loved that area and easy travel to and from the port. Just a note...if you have a handicap placard or license plate, parking is free at the port.

If you are staying the night before the cruise, look at Mt. Pleasant hotels and see if any will allow parking for the duration. Charleston is a lot like New Orleans when it comes to parking. Mt. Pleasant had free parking and again super easy and quick to get to the port and Old Town. I loved Charleston in so many ways and the people at the port were so friendly and helpful. It was our best experience yet embarking and debarking a cruise. Enjoy!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,916 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise port parking alternative

North Charleston, West Ashley and Mt. Pleasant are 3 different locations. West Ashley is not in North Charleston ~ just to clarify.

Reply to: Cruise port parking alternative
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Charleston
Recent Conversations