We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

DH & I plan to spend two nights in Beaufort next month. Which hotel, Inn, etc. has the best location for a short walk to the nicest restaurants & bars? From what I've read, it appears that most of the areas best is on Bay St. (Is that correct?) Due to this, I've been looking at accommodations in that area. It looked to me like Best Western would have a good location, but Tripadvisor doesn't list it as being city center. City Loft looks like it has a good location too. We're not set on either option though. If there is lodging in a better location, we want to stay there. Due to my poor health, we can't walk very far & we don't want to drive or have to take a cab. One caveat, we'll be there on Sunday & Monday nights. It appears many of the bars aren't open then. We need to choose a hotel that's near the nicest restaurants & bars that are open those nights. Any suggestions for the perfect lodging for us? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

Best Western, City Lofts, Beaufort Inn all suit your objectives. BW is in the middle of Bay St.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

Bars and most restaurants will be open on Sundays. Steve's recommendations are the ones that I would make as well.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

BW is in a great location, I believe it may be the closest to the waterfront and dining.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

Thanks so much for the advise. I thought BW looked like it was in a good location. I wonder why TA doesn't list it as city center. Anyway, of the suggested locations, which would you all choose, if you were you making the choice? We don't normally stay at Best Westerns, but would consider this one, if it's nicer than most BWs & is in the best location for the shortest walk times. For our dates, the prices of all of the suggested accommodations are close enough not to be a deciding factor.

PS: I'm glad to see most restaurants & bars are open every night. A site I found listing hours for restaurants & nightlife/bars made it appear that wasn't the case.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

That property is a so-called Best Western Plus property, meaning it's a step above a typical BW property. It is an older facility, but the management does a good job of keeping it up and keeping it clean. As stated before, the location cannot be beat... it's the only downtown chain lodging facility.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

We stayed at BW a few years ago, because of the location, we'd stay there again, if need be.

The BW is not at the center of Beaufort, that's why its not shown as being "city center", there is much more to Beaufort than the little historic area.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

beaufort-tiger, thanks for the BW info. It looks much better than other BWs. I'm still not sure which of the three recommended locations (City Loft, Beaufort Inn, or BW) we'll go with. All 3 look like good choices. Neither really stands out to me over the others. I'm thinking I may have to go at this a different way. It may work better to choose the restaurant bars we're interested in, then map the hotels. This may take awhile. lol

Kiawahbeth, the reason I was confused about BWs location is TA shows City Loft & Beaufort Inn as being city center. All 3 of these accommodations looked to be in the same general area to me, which made me wonder what was missing.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

You really can't go wrong with any of the three. City Loft is a very modern facility, whereas the Beaufort Inn is more of a historic B&B type facility and the Best Western closest to a standard hotel. Any of the three would be good; it just depends on what type of room you'd like.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

" It may work better to choose the restaurant bars we're interested in, then map the hotels."

Everything is within a 3 or 4 block area, so it won't make much difference.

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodations Closest to Nice Restaurants & Bars

Thanks again for the help. You all do know you're not making my decision any easier, right? :p

Another question, if you all don't mind humoring me. Are there any bars in the downtown area that aren't in restaurants? I can't seem to find anyplace that's open past midnight on Sunday & Monday nights. Would you all mind sharing the names of the bars in that area that should be open late? If I knew names to look for, I could find the hours & research them to see which we should try. Keywords I'm searching on Google aren't helping me at all.

Get answers to your questions about Beaufort
Recent Conversations