We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking fees and beach fees

Griswold...
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Parking fees and beach fees

We are possibly heading to watch hill for a Saturday beach day and was curious as to how much parking is? I’ve heard between $40-$50 and a $10.00 pp beach entry, does any of this hold any merit?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
498 posts
1. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

I wouldn't be surprised for Watch Hill, other beaches are less.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

As parking is highly restricted and enforced, this wouldn't be my choice to go to.

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

Depends on the beach. The one on the northwest side of WH, next to the carousel is a pay beach, but has cabanas and other amenities. The beach on the south side of WH is free, but has no amenities at all. Parking can be pricey, but WH as a village offers a lot of nice shops and restaurants, as well as the oldest carousel in the US.

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

watchhillbeachandcarousel.com/default.aspx

https:/…beaches.html

Patterson ny
1 post
5. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

Went yesterday and the private parking lot that used to be $30 has gone up to $5 per half hour or $60 per day. It was my favorite beach but won't be going back.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
3 posts
96 reviews
6. Re: Parking fees and beach fees

Yes, I was there 8 days ago (a busy Friday in late August) and the daily rate for parking was $40. On-street parking was limited, and there was a 2 hour limit. We set a phone timer so we would not get a ticket.

Reply to: Parking fees and beach fees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Watch Hill
Recent Conversations