We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

Hello! I'm planning on spending my birthday (New Years Eve) in Narragansett. I have never been to Amalfi or the Coast Guard House-- I will be going elsewhere afterwards for drinks but was looking for a restaurant with a nice view and more intimate for a nice dinner beforehand! Thank you for any advice!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
31 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

coast guard house has best view....basils or trio have best food...amalfis only claim is the piece of real estate it sits on

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

agree with previous poster - basils does have better food and CGH has the best views.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

While Amalfi is very nice during the summer due to their fun deck that overlooks Narragansett Beach, during the winter its hands down CGH for the views and the foods not bad either ( a little pricey for what it is, but pretty good nonetheless)

4. Re: Good food/view for dinner--Amalfi or Coast Guard House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Narragansett