We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Pa. halfway from Niagra & New York?

Spring, Tx
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Pa. halfway from Niagra & New York?

Hi All, Hubby and I are driving to NY from Niagra next week and would love to stay in Pa. to possibly visit the Amish country for an afternoon. I don't want to go too far south, so where would be a good place to look for lodging?

As usual, I am cramming too much into the week, but there is so much I want to see! Help!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Pa. halfway from Niagra & New York?

While there are small pockets of Amish in north central PA, the majority of the Amish are in the Lancater County area which is about 2 hours south of Williamsport. This is also the heart of the PA Dutch/Amish tourist industry. If you are interested in lodging in that area, you should post your request on the Lancaster forum.

As for lodging in Williamsport, we have always been pleased with the Candlewood Suites. They are very clean, the staff is great, and the location is near many restaurants and stores.

Spring, Tx
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Pa. halfway from Niagra & New York?

Thanks so much for your reply! I think I'll do that trip another time.

3. Re: Lodging in Pa. halfway from Niagra & New York?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Williamsport