We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,207 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

Saw this on a blog I read, I don't think I agree with the 3 choices, but if you scroll further down the page you can view what others suggest... iheartpgh.com/2010/…

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

I've never been to Deluca's yet, but heard it is really good. The Dor Stop in Dormont is also a winner in my book. Pamela's is probably in the top 3 as well.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

I agree DeLuca's and the Dor-Stop are both good places. Both are more old-school than the three listed on the blog and while I don't like old-school for dinner, that's the kind of place I like for breakfast.

Caffe Davio is my current favorite, I'm on my way there now! Modestly priced diner by day, fancy Italian BYOB by night, it is on East Carson Street across from the South Side Works development. Really good breakfast basics, even the bread is excellent. Tiny place though, so you've got to get lucky to get a table. But there are lots of other restaurants nearby, so you can always go elsewhere without having to park again if you need to.

I'll also put in a vote for JoJo's in the Strip District, a place with so little decor that the people create the atmosphere, which is lively and friendly, and the food is cheap and tasty.

I always like hearing about new places, so I hope bk's post will inspire people to list their favorites and expand my breakfast horizons.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

P.S. While at Caffe Davio today I asked where they get their bread, and was told it is from Pennsylvania Breadworks. I saw them baking bread themselves one day, maybe they bake it for dinner only.

Another wonderful breakfast there today, this place is worth a trip. I usually get an omelet, which comes with hash browns and toast. Total price for two full breakfasts and two teas was $18.00. An excellent price for good food.

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

I think Ritter's Diner on Baum Boulevard in Shadyside has one of Pittsburgh's best breakfasts. Pamela's also make a great breakfast ... I prefer the restaurant in Millvale, but all of Pamela's locations are good. I haven't been to Deluca's in a while, but do rememberf their toast being made from Italian bread. Another great breakfast spot. JoJo's is also worthwhile. There are actually many good spots for a great breakfast in Pittsburgh.

5. Re: Best Pittsburgh Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 11:12