We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

I have an interview on 1/26 at 8:30 at the Pittsburgh Airport Marrirot. The price to spend 2 nights (flying in on 1/25) was too much so I just used Priceline and got 2 nights for $110 at the Hyatt Place.

I don't want to rent a car. I am spending the money just to interview, and then to come back to the hotel. I am unemployed and hence, on a strict budget.

On Google Maps it says that it is 5.6. miles by car and a 10 minute drive each way. Any idea around how much a cab would be for that?

I also saw that it is a 22 minute bus ride with an 11 and 9 minute walk. This is taking the 29 bus according to Google Maps.

I then went to Port Authority's website, and it seems like it's all a detour route. Is this correct?

Walk from Hyatt Place to bus stop 10 min.

Board at STEUBENVILLE PIKE & HIGHTOWER FS and catch the 24 bus WEST PARK-PICKFORD MALL AT ROBINSON Outbound.

Get off at PARK MANOR BLVD OPP IKEA.

Wait there and take the (29) ROBINSON PITTSBURGH TECHNICAL INSTITUTE Outbound

Get off at SUMMIT PARK DR OPP PARKLANE #1

Walk to Marriott 10 minutes

If it's not too much more, I would rather just take a cab for the convience and to not have to walk in the cold.

Any help appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,214 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

Well, I've got good news & better news for you. First, Google Maps is wrong in the route from Hyatt Place Airport to the Airport Marriott. Check Yahoo Maps or Mapquest. It's more like 2-3 miles, and I know this area and both hotels well. It works out for you because the Hyatt Place has a local shuttle for up to 5 miles radius. Check it out here: …hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

That means you can get to/from the airport on their free airport shuttle and you can also arrange a shuttle to/from the Marriott for your interview.

Good Luck!!

Edited: 25 December 2010, 07:06
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

Thanks. Is the Hyatt reliable though? I have stayed at hotels that say they will give rides up to a few miles from the hotel, but usually they don't live up to what's advertised unless it's convenient for them.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,214 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

Generally gets good reviews. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g53449-d102601-…

I'd make sure you speak with the front desk and "reserve" it as soon as you check-in. I'd also plan some extra time, just in case.

4. Re: Cab Estimate, or is Bus Doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2011, 09:47