We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
62 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

A few of us are coming up to Pittsburgh next Thursday for the Panthers vs. Steelers game. We will be flying Wednesday evening and leave Friday afternoon. None of us have been to Pittsburgh so we were hoping to get some suggestions on some places to eat and drink. We will be staying in downtown on Penn Ave. and are looking for places that have a fun environment and good food. Also, we wanted to know if there is anything we should do while we are in town. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

For nightlife, your best bet is probably on the Southside. There are numerous bars/restaurants to go to. I'm making the assumption that you are not looking for high end restaurants and that you are looking for fun places. One place that is almost famous in Pittsburgh is Primanti Bros. It is a sandwich place and there is one located on the Southside. Another one of my favorite bars/restaurants on the Southside is Fat Heads. A great selection of beer and their sandwiches are the best.

If you want a fun experience, then I would try the Hofbrauhaus Pittsburgh located in the Southside Works (a little past the Southside). It's one of a few locations in the US and can be a lot of fun.

One thing that I like to do when taking visitors around is to go to Mt Washington. You can go to Station Square (where there are lots of choices for restaurants and bars as well). From Station Square, you can take the incline up the hill and check out the city views from the overlooks there. Some of the best views of Pittsburgh are from Mt. Washington.

Pittsburgh also has numerous museums that you can visit. The Warhol museum is on the North Shore, but some of the larger museums are in Oakland. Not sure what type of things you are looking to do, but a couple of other options would be visiting the Aviary or Phipps Conservatory. If you are into plants and gardening, then Phipps is a must see, especially this time of year.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
62 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

Thanks for your suggestions! I did some research and had a few of those places on my list. Very excited to visit! Anyone else have anymore suggestions?

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

There are plenty of places to eat and drink in Pittsburgh. One of my favorites is Little Chicago's Pizzeria. Its within 2 miles of your hotel and they have (in my opinion) the best Chicago Style Pizza I've ever had. I'd also take an incline up Mount Washington (my favorite is Dusquene). Also, if you like sports, you should check out PNC Park (home of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team). The stadium has beautiful views of the rivers and the Roberto Clemente bridge, which is why it was rated the #1 park in baseball by ESPN. Unfortunately, they don't have tours right now but it's right on the way to Heinz Field, if you want to look at it. Hope you have fun at the Steelers-Panthers game, it's a very nice stadium and they have good concessions there too.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

Interested in sports in Pittsburgh? If so, you might want to pay a visit to the Heinz History Center and the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum housed therein, where you're invited to study the great works of Maz and Mario, Art and Arnie, Roberto and Franco, and many more.

www.heinzhistorycenter.org/sportsMuseum.aspx

5. Re: Pittsburgh Food/Bar Suggstions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 10:49