We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMTRAK should I leave from Pittsburgh or Greensburg

pittsburgh
2 posts
2 reviews
AMTRAK should I leave from Pittsburgh or Greensburg

Which station is easier and more relaxing to leave from?

Pitt: Parking at the transportation center (safety?)

Greens: WIll I have parking? Parking I have heard might be free?

I will be coming from Morgantown

I will be traveling to NYC over the new years.

Edited: 10 December 2010, 09:09
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
784 posts
1. Re: AMTRAK should I leave from Pittsburgh or Greensburg

Parking at the Grant Street Transportation Center in Pittsburgh (directly across the street from the Amtrak station) is enclosed, so you won't have to worry about digging your car out of any snow we might have over the weekend of your trip. I have parked there on a number of occasions and didn't have any particular safety concerns about the facility.

…pittsburgh.pa.us/pghparkingauthority/html/g…

The train you are taking originates in Pittsburgh, so boarding there is a more leisurely process than it is in Greensburg.

Pittsburgh...
5 posts
2. Re: AMTRAK should I leave from Pittsburgh or Greensburg

i agree with the above post. i've parked in the garage across the street many times without worry. it's not free, but worth the few dollars you'll spend rather than trying to find a spot downtown or driving to greensburg.

i've never been to the greensburg station, but have never had any problems with either leaving from the pittsburgh station, picking people up, arriving, etc.

3. Re: AMTRAK should I leave from Pittsburgh or Greensburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 09:48