We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party - Fall

2 posts
Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Looking for recommendations for an upcoming bachelorette weekend I’m planning for Fall 2021. We will have 10 people total.

Looking for:

Brunch spots

Best pizza

Dinner suggestions (nice restaurant, not too upscale)

Saturday day-time activity suggestions

Cool photo-ops

I have found a lot of information, just trying to pair it down and find what’s best. Hoping to not spend too much time waiting in lines, etc - would love to be able to book reservations. Thanks I’m advance!!

7 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

It would be super helpful in making recommendations if we knew where you were staying. Off the top of my head....great if you are staying downtown..

Strip District

In general this is a cool place to walk around on a Saturday AM and check out the food and other shopping.

Iron Born Pizza is Detroit style, which is both unique and delicious.

DiAnoias has both great pizza (Pizza Davide) and fun brunch.

Bar Marco has good food and cocktails and a small private room available...should fit 10.

Downtown

tako is (obvoiusly a taco place) that has a super fun vibe.

Gaucho Parilla Argentina has great food and a nice rooftop bar

Photo ops are at the top of the Incline(s) on Mt. Washington, the Point fountain- look back at the city or over to the sports stadiums, and any of the bridges on the Allegheny. Also cool street scenes in the Strip and along any of the river trails.

Edited: 17 August 2021, 21:33
2 posts
2. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Thank you so much. And yes I guess that would’ve been helpful

We are staying in the Southside Flats district a few blocks off of Carson Street

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
22 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

The Southside has lots of bars and many cater to the younger/college crowd. If that fits your demographic you'll be in a good spot. I can't really make recs here b/c its not my scene. Restaurants are generally either sport bar type or ethnic casual. We do like Stagioni's for Italian but its more romantic and not what I would picture for a bachelorette gig. However you might like Acacia, a "speakeasy" cocktail place. It is tiny but has great mixologists.

You may get recs for Station Square. My opinion is that its underwhelming from what it was planned to be. The exception is the Grand Concourse, which is very pricy but maybe good for a drink as the building is beautiful and historic. From Station Square you can get the T into downtown if you're not into driving. At the other end of the South Side is the SS Works, which has a Cheesecake Factory, which I realize many people like...sadly. Hope you don't end up there with so many other good choices.

If you're looking for a more sophisticated vibe, go with downtown and the Strip.

Level Contributor
547 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Gaucho was going to be my dinner suggestion too.

Bar Marco's brunch is great too.

If you really want casual- or just a place for a drink- some good rooftop bars https://www.unation.com/stuff-to-do/rooftop-bars-in-pittsburgh/

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
445 posts
54 reviews
27 helpful votes
5. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Not sure if you went but SS is not that great…but I m a bit older than you all. No a lot:). Food and drink, I would head to Lawrenceville. Actually, I would have stayed in that area. Head to the strip just because of the new places and OLD. Definelty heck out coop di ville for a fun time. Congratulations and enjoy

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Are you staying at the Hyatt House or the SpringHill Suites, both on S. Water St. in SouthSide Works? Close by is the excellent Italian restaurant Cucina Vitale on E. Carson St. between S. 25th and S. 26th., about four blocks from either hotel.

Gaucho Parilla Argentina mentioned by previous posters is my favorite Pittsburgh restaurant for its outstanding grilled meats. It's not at all a fussy place, but not overly casual, either. It's rooftop tables are great for a party -- if the weather cooperates. Pre-pandemic, it was always jammed, so if you do decide on Gaucho, don't delay in making reservations

Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Save

Consider Lawrenceville for one of those days/nights. It’s a revitalized area with trendy bars, restaurants etc…

The South Side IMO is more of a college crowd scene. Just an FYI, due to recent violence in the South Side some streets are blocked off from traffic.

Reply to: Bachelorette Party - Fall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pittsburgh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.