We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for strip district/ yinzers

Pawtucket, Rhode...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Parking for strip district/ yinzers

Headed to Pittsburgh this weekend for the Steelers home opener!! We should probably arrive on Saturday about 2pm. I wanted to check out Yinzers and realized they close at 5.. so thinking may head there first. What is the parking situation.. street parking, or is there a lot nearby? Appreciate any feedback!

8 replies to this topic
McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
663 posts
1 review
1. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

On game day, parking is likely to be at a premium everywhere. Not to mention they have a real mess with street repair on Smallman Street chewing up a bunch of parking spaces.

Weekends are always a mess in the strip.

You might stand a better chance of parking in a lot an walking. The parking lot at the bus station seems like it would be a nice central place where you wouldn't have to move the car. You could always just walk to the T if you did not want to walk all the way to the stadium.

I would arrive EARLY.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

There is street parking. Not enough for the amount of people that are there during busy times. It should be clearing out by then so you may be able to get a metered spot. If not, you can park on the north side (toward the river) of Smallman St. in front of the old Produce Terminal. You just pull into a spot and someone will be walking around to take your money. I think it's $5, but that could be wrong. I usually just stubbornly drive around until I find a metered spot.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

There’s also a parking garage between Smallman and Railroad that we have used in the past. The entrance is on 24th Street, which would put you close to the original Yinzers on Penn and 22nd. But the new location is bigger and just a short walk down Penn and 18th. Or hit both...and all the other fan stores between.

Pawtucket, Rhode...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

Perfect! Thank you all for the input! We’ll do a drive by and see if there’s any metered parking, but if not the lot on 24th sounds just fine :)

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,214 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

If you park on Penn Avenue east of, I think 28th St, there are no meters and lots of empty spaces. You could also try the garage at the railroad Station (at 12th St); note that there are two sections and remember which one you parked in. The railroad tracks separate the two sections. One entrance is on Penn Avenue, one is on 12th St.

Edited: 14 September 2018, 23:25
Pawtucket, Rhode...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

Awesome!! Thanks for the tip!! I appreciate all the help!!

Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

Metered parking, pay with debit/credit card at pay station. Enter in license plate number & your good for up to 2hrs. If you want to stay longer to shop or eat, just go back to pay station & wait until your 2hrs expires and then re pay. It will not allow you to add time until your initial time expires. It will be crowded being that it’s a Saturday but just keep drinking around in circles, you’ll find a spot. Locals are usually there to buy something quickly & then leave.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Parking for strip district/ yinzers

There are also a few small lots that charge maybe $5 to park. I'm thinking the one by the church (as long as there's not a function at church)

Reply to: Parking for strip district/ yinzers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted